Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firm Ware Update Stuck In Looping Cycle

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Curls_N_Camo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was given this arlo system for Christmas. My system worked for all of 2-3 weeks then my camera stopped working. I thought it was dead so I plugged it up and the lights finally started blinking again. Every since then it's been blinking amber and blue. I have tried rebooting the base and rebooting the camera. I have attempted to remove all devices from app and re sync them. Now only the base will sync. The camera is still blinking amber and blue. I have been dealing with this for over two weeks now and I still cannot get my camera to sync. 

Can I please get some help? I would really love to actually USE my christmas present. 

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@Curls_N_Camo

When the cameras are blinking amber and blue, that means that there is a firmware in progress. Let the process finish. It could last a few minutes. You are instructed not to remove the batteries during this process. Repeat - DO NOT TURN THE CAMERA OFF DURING THIS PROCESS.

Brian

Curls_N_Camo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been doing this for 2+ weeks now. I don't think it's working...

brh
Master
Master

@Curls_N_Camo

I'll do a little more research but in the meantime contact Support at the bottom of this page.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Curls_N_Camo

It could be some other electronic intefering with the 2.4 Ghz signal. Try moving the base unit at leas 6 to 8 feet from the router and bring the cameras within three feet of th base unit. Then try opening the battery door and see what happens. 

Leave the camera alone for an hour or so and see if the firmware gets updated. 

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Curls_N_Camo

Here is the link to Arlo's Knowledge Base that explains the firmware update process:

https://kb.arlo.com/2160/What-do-I-need-to-know-about-Arlo-camera-firmware-updates

I haven't really been able to find out too much about the updates being stuck in a loop, nor do they say waht happens if you remove the battery while it is in progress.

If you can't get it working by trying what I wrote above, do contact Support.

Brian

Streak2
Master Master
Master

It's possibly time to factory reset the base and to redo the installation.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Curls_N_Camo,

It sounds like you've already done a factory reset (this would automatically occur when you removed the base station under my devices). From your description, you've already reclaimed the base station but the camera continues to blink blue and amber before you attempt to sync it to the base station? Is that correct?

Try removing the battery from the camera, connect the power adapter (be sure to use the wall plug and charging cable included in your Arlo Pro kit) and attempt the sync process again.

Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC