Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ek2016
Tutor
Tutor

I have a Arlo Pro camera set to monitor my driveway.  It's working fine except at night after it detects motion correctly the first time, it will then have 3 more false positives spaced out 1 min apart.  This happens every time, only at night...day time it is fine.  I've tried setting the sensitivity way low (to the point it was missing most movement) and still it gets the false positives, three times.  

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Stay on them. My RMAed cameras work fine - no more multiple videos.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, there were a couple of threads with a similar problem...

Reset the camera by pull ing the battery, if it still occurs after , put in a trouble ticket with Netgear Support... More complaints on the same topic equals faster fix down the road.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
serghe
Guide
Guide

Contact support. They replaced mine that was doing teh same thing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine were RMAed for a different issue but the new cameras no longer have the multiple recordings.

ek2016
Tutor
Tutor

I've contacted Tech Support and opened a case #27739691.  So far they've had me try the following with no success yet;

• swap camera locations with one that doesn't do it
  • pull battery and reset cameras
  • remove device and resync
  • increase record time to 1 min
  • point cameras at a wall and test
  • upload my videos to http://my.netgear.com/ attached to case number

I'm loosing confidence in my system.  Two cameras are doing this.  Last night it triggered on positive movement, then every min recorded a false positive continuously....I finally shut off the camera after 16 recordings.

I'll call them tomorrow and tell them I considering returning my system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Phlier
Star
Star

Yup, mine does this exact same thing.

Multiple false detects, one minute after the first good detect, only at night.

If the replacement cameras aren't doing it, it had to have been a known bug that they've fixed; such bugs don't just go away by themselves.

They need to either release a firmware update that fixes the problem, or allow owners that have this issue to RMA without jumping through all the tech support hoops first.

ek2016
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat wrote:

Arlo is finally sending out replacements

Phlier
Star
Star

Good. Guess it's time to start jumping through all the tech support RMA process hoops, then, the next time I have a day to kill on the phone..."OK, now to start off with, we are going to 'power cycle' the camera and base station." Kill me now.

ek2016
Tutor
Tutor

Phlier wrote:

Good. Guess it's time to start jumping through all the tech support RMA process hoops, then, the next time I have a day to kill on the phone..."OK, now to start off with, we are going to 'power cycle' the camera and base station." Kill me now.

I had two units replaced about two weeks ago.  One of the replacement cameras has the same problem again.  I've been trying to get an RMA for that unit, but it's taken me a week only to find out today that they plan to issue an RMA but they are out of stock.  Overall I like the system but there have been "challenges"...  That said once I got to a level 2 "expert" she has been very responsive.