False notifications and detecting motions in non-activity zones

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lenglee2012
Tutor
Tutor

I'm getting 2-3 notifications daily of person detected when no person is there. This even happens in non activity zones. My cams are set up to only alert me when it detects a person. Is this error normal and is there a solution? Customer services is no help. They just keeps asking for more logs and more info but never actually provide a solution.

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you viewed the recordings in case they are insects?
I have wasps that use the camera as a way point and fly up close to the camera but they are usually never captured in the cameras view as they are too quick.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've recently gotten videos of a pond filter covered with snow that are being reported as a person. It does sorta look like a very plump, white-haired person that never moves.

You can donate the videos to help fine-tune the detection AI used by the servers.  It may be worth also trying some tests by trying to provoke recordings by dashing in and out of the camera view to see what happens - perhaps a person or other object is causing the recordings but is out of sight. Reducing motion sensitivity in your modes and rules and/or repositioning the camera to eliminate unneeded area in the camera view may be needed.