Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Using 2 cameras and going to Mode/Rules.

If either camera 1 or 2 senses motion, can I have the other camera start to record also without it sensing motion?

According to the rules I set up it should, but I haven't been able to have it trigger the other camera.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DaveWoj wrote:

If either camera 1 or 2 senses motion, can I have the other camera start to record also without it sensing motion?

According to the rules I set up it should, but I haven't been able to have it trigger the other camera.

Yes, it is possible and I run two cameras that way... Make sure the cameras are set for the same Sense level and Time to make it work well.

Camera A , B...

To make the complete set it would be;

If A senses, A records

If A senses B records

If B senses B records

If B senses A records

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Excellent.

Thanks Tom.

I will fool with it again and hopefully figure out why the 2nd camera is not triggering.

It seems like it is always the pro that senses first but the original arlo is not triggering on.

I'll give it another test.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DaveWoj wrote:

Excellent.

Thanks Tom.

I will fool with it again and hopefully figure out why the 2nd camera is not triggering.

It seems like it is always the pro that senses first but the original arlo is not triggering on.

I'll give it another test.

OK...that will make a diference  ( I must have missed that in the OP )

The PRO will sense much faster than the Arlo... so it may be upsetting the apple cart to speak.

Try and set it that the PRO senses and the Arlo records to see if that changes anything... you are out there alone as your the first I know of to test the nested rules with a Pro and Arlo together.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I can also tell you this (and I don't know if it makes a difference having the Arlo and the pro)

When I am live streaming through both cameras viewing 2 areas of the road, (it doesn't matter which one picks up the vehicle first), sometimes it takes up to 15 seconds for that vehicle to appear in the other camera view.

Is that a streaming, internet issue?

That could affect the arlo being triggered by the first camera and missing quite a bit of video.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's your upload speed capability?  Perhaps you're swamping it.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That could be the problem. Standard Time Warner

I believe it's around 1-2 MBPS.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Me, too.  At least here in Rochester, NY, standard RR is 1Mbs uploads.  I see that in video quality during recordings.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've done some expirimenting and have noticed something very odd.

When I have camera 1 or 2 set up to turn the other one on to record simultaneously the second camera will not trigger.

When I have camera 1 or 2 set up so it does nothing and have only the other camera record. The other camera works fine.

I belive there is a software issue. Look below.

When you toggel the exterior camera tab between 1 and 2, the toggle for (then do the following) dissapears and give you only one camera option.

I believe this is causing other issues that many are having on here having recording times and other things being reset or disappearing.

Arlo.jpg

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DaveWoj wrote:

That could be the problem. Standard Time Warner

I believe it's around 1-2 MBPS.

It very well could be.... running 20-30 down and 10+ up here and don't see the problem as bad as stated..

I could guess that at hiz rez, the Pro and Arlo are putting out 600k+ at peak at max.

Here's an older data rate  re the Arlo

bandwith.JPG