Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Excessive Cameras Offline. Problem started when I upgraded my wireless Xfinity Router.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Vbutts
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo System that includes a Base Station (VMB301OR2,Firmware =1.12.2.4_2772) and 5 cameras (HW version H7,Firmware=1.3.319).  Over the last two months I have noticed excessive Cameras offline.  To the point were the system is down more than it is up.  I use Arlo Certified: Tenergy 3.7V Li-ion Rechargeable Battery in all of my cameras.  

I noticed the problem started when I upgraded my wireless Xfinity Router.  All other house hold wireless devices work fine only my Arlo system is problematic.  What could be causing this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vbutts
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the reply.  I think I figured out what was causing them to go offline excessively.  I moved the base station from my basement Smart Closet to a location on the main level of the house.  It's been over 1 week and all cameras remain online with no issues. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Vbutts,

When your Arlo cameras go offline, have you noticed if the LED lights on your Arlo Base Station show an amber light or no light at all? You can also read this article to learn how to troubleshoot if your Arlo camera goes offline: My Arlo wire-free camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

Vbutts
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the reply.  I think I figured out what was causing them to go offline excessively.  I moved the base station from my basement Smart Closet to a location on the main level of the house.  It's been over 1 week and all cameras remain online with no issues.