Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enabling geofencing turns off my recordings??? Help

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KGrip
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I just bought the Arlo pro. This system send of SOOO many alerts its crazy.

1. I set up geofencing so it would know when I am home but when I checked the library later there were NO recordings so it appears that since Im home it doesnt think it needs to record?? Is there a way to turn off the alerts when I am home but still have the system record?

2. All my recordings seem to be 10 seconds long, I cant find out how to adjust this. If there is constant movement I dont see why it doesnt continiously record whats going on....

3. I was at work yesterday and my cleaners were at my house and Im not kiddding, i got like 180 push alerts on my phone. Is there a way to set it to only send you one alert when movement is FIRST detected? Literally when the cleaners walked back and forth in the same room with in a minute the notifications kept popping up. I had to turn the notifications OFF and that defeats the whole idea of having this system...

Please help me and save me from returning this system!

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Yes...tho it would involve making a custom Mode ( add a mode ) and having the Alerts off...then using that custom mode in your Geozone when home

2) You can increase the record time from 10sec to 2 mins.... Check the FAQs

3) No, pushes are either on or off... you may be better off with email alerts if they don't  announce themselves...

Or make , like number 1 , a custom mode with pushes off and use it while the cleaning service is there

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------