Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dual Charging Station Lights are green before I put batteries in and won't charge

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KAL76
Guide
Guide

I have the Arlo Dual charging station which I purchased because trying to charge them with the cable while the batteries were still in the cameras wasn't working well.  This was a much easier solution, however, I've only used the charging station a few times, and when I went to charge a couple of batteries yesterday, the LED lights on it were green as soon as I plugged it in.  Inserting a battery into either side made no difference - they still said fully charged (green).  I left one battery in for a few hours and checked it - no change, so it's not charging.  I tried seating the battery in better - pushing down for a firmer contact - all with no luck.  Suggestions?   I'm already facing the EOL with our cameras - now this.  😞  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KAL76
Guide
Guide

The batteries were not dead.  I was able to get it to charge by following a suggestion within the community.  I unplugged everything, plugged the cord into the wall, THEN plugged the charging station into the corded part, and low and behold - the lights were now the right color and the batteries began to charge just fine when I inserted them!  Crazy, but I'll take it!!!  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the batteries dead? If so, follow these directions:

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

KAL76
Guide
Guide

The batteries were not dead.  I was able to get it to charge by following a suggestion within the community.  I unplugged everything, plugged the cord into the wall, THEN plugged the charging station into the corded part, and low and behold - the lights were now the right color and the batteries began to charge just fine when I inserted them!  Crazy, but I'll take it!!!