Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does the new Arlo Pro on the old base station offer the sound capability.?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pjbryant2
Follower
Follower

Existing Arlo setup with a few cameras, i know from reading here that the Arlo Pro is compatible, but I cannot see anything that confirms the new Pro camera will offer the 2-way sound capability through the old basestation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, Arlo PRO cameras on original base stations will still do two way audio.  This was discussed in another thread recently so you should be good to go.  Incidentally, Arlo and Arlo Pro Cameras will both work on both base stations (new and old).  The new pro base offers a built in siren and the usb backup capabilities, but all other functions are identical for operational use.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, Arlo PRO cameras on original base stations will still do two way audio.  This was discussed in another thread recently so you should be good to go.  Incidentally, Arlo and Arlo Pro Cameras will both work on both base stations (new and old).  The new pro base offers a built in siren and the usb backup capabilities, but all other functions are identical for operational use.

Robbiel
Aspirant
Aspirant
So the sound comes from the base station, not the camera?
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Robbiel wrote:
So the sound comes from the base station, not the camera?

No.  The camera itself (Arlo Pro) supports sound (2 way audio) on both the original base and the pro base.  The original Arlo camera has no speaker or mic, so there is no sound regardless of base.  It has nothing to do with the base, the camera that's required is the PRO, the base doesn't matter.

Robbiel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry, I meant the siren sound. Not the 2 way comms sound
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The siren is in the base. The cameras will not make a siren sound.