Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does recording continue locally once cloud limit reached?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dcam101
Follower
Follower

Just got the arlo pro hd. I've connected a 128 gig usb for local storage. The way I understand it once I reach the 1 gig could limit recordings will not be saved online until recording are deleted from the clould, either manually or once they are one week old.

I also understand that if I lose internet recordings will continue to be saved to my local storage.

What I can't find an answer to is if it will still record locally when it no longer saves to the cloud due to reaching the 1 gig limit.

Also, when I view 'library' I can see all the recordings saved in the cloud but I can't see anything that indicates how much space is being used. Am I missing it or do they just let you be surprised when it stops saving to the cloud?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The 1GB limit hasn't been enforced for over a year although the language is still there. No one knows if it will ever be enforced or when.

The local recordings have nothing to do with what's in the cloud. It's simply stored as streamed to the cloud. Loss of Internet will result in any videos still being recorded locally but will not be uploaded when access is resumed. You'll have to rely on the local copies for your usage.