Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does live viewing drain the battery?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tinkypoo
Follower
Follower

Does live viewing drain the battery? Sometimes I have to leave my kids home to go to work and I want to leave a browser up so I can keep an eye on them all day. I'm not worried about the site timing out. I just want to know if something like that will drain the battery in one day. Are the cameras always "on"/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, live view will use more battery power.  You can get an adapter so the camera can be plugged in but the reviews on those haven't been all that great.  There is also a solar charger for outside use.  Reviews of those have been mixed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, live view will use more battery power.  You can get an adapter so the camera can be plugged in but the reviews on those haven't been all that great.  There is also a solar charger for outside use.  Reviews of those have been mixed.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes as mentioned....

as a PS... Recording AND live View use the same amount of power ( the most )

ARMED uses much less than above as only the PIR ( motion detector ) is power untill a trigger event happens

DISARMED uses almost no power as the cam only pings the base unit now and then

If you are watching the kids inside, def run the Pro camera on ac power and not worry... it will not harm the battery if left plugged into ac all the time.

Or think a Q camera, indoor rated , ac powered , but a much better cam for pictures ( and can be armed on a different schedule from your existing cameras ) Also will detect moton thru windows ( which the Pro does not )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------