Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mwcruise
Aspirant
Aspirant

tried everything to get this to work.. even exchanged for new unit. 

not willing to contect to office router to try there.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mwcruise
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the answer is that the base station does not need to be connected to the internet in order to sync with the cameras.  I took the station and cameras to work and was easily able to sync the base station and the cameras.  When I brought the system home, the camera and base stations were still synced with one another and the system works perfectly. 

Yes, the base station needs to be connected to the internet in order to work but not for the initial base station to camera sync. 

Not sure what the issue was but after several hours attempting to sync and working with the tech support. there is something around our house that interferes with the initial sync.

This should be including on the list of possible solutions that the tech people suggest.  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Streak2
Master Master
Master
Yes the base needs to have an Ethernet connection. Two green lights then use the app connected to the same network to add/sync cameras. Follow the quick start guide it's all there.
mwcruise
Aspirant
Aspirant

looking for creative solutions before going to blink. 

This is my second unit, the first unit the netgear service peopel told me to take back as there was probably a base station problem.. well this second unit will not sync with the camera either. 

looking for weird reasons that it might not work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turn the base off and back on. Make sure both the power and Internet LEDs are green or nothing will work. Remove the batteries and reinsert. Now you have a known starting point.

Press the sync button on the base only briefly - don't hold it. Then press the sync button on the camera until the LED starts a slow blue flash.

Did that work?

mwcruise
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, 

Yes both the power and the internet lights are green.  I was wondering if the WPS was not working because of some unidentified interference.  As such if I could take the unit and cameras where there is reduced interference (but also out of range of a wired connection) if the process of pairing the devices would work. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could use a WiFi or powerline extender to allow you to move the base to a different location for testing. An Ethernet connection is requires so those extenders would have to provide that.

mwcruise
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks.. that also failed. 

We also have wireless smoke and co2 detectors around the house, any reports of those interfering with set up?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Depending on how much trouble you want to go to you could take the base and a camera to another location (a friend's house) get the cameras syncd to the base and then bring it back home to see if all works ok.

mwcruise
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the answer is that the base station does not need to be connected to the internet in order to sync with the cameras.  I took the station and cameras to work and was easily able to sync the base station and the cameras.  When I brought the system home, the camera and base stations were still synced with one another and the system works perfectly. 

Yes, the base station needs to be connected to the internet in order to work but not for the initial base station to camera sync. 

Not sure what the issue was but after several hours attempting to sync and working with the tech support. there is something around our house that interferes with the initial sync.

This should be including on the list of possible solutions that the tech people suggest.