Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Jazoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Team

I bought Arlo Pro (Model No. - VMS4430 -100AUS) and not sure what is it's picture HD and it's not advised in the package or instructions guide, whether it's 720p or 1080p ? Is there a way to check in setting mode ?

I was advised when I bought this model it is 1080p but on another website same model is advised as 720p ?

Can someone please advise on the resolution ?

Thanks,

Jaz

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo Pro is 720p
Arlo Pro 2 is 1080p
720p is still considered HD. 1080p is Full HD

brh
Master
Master

@Jazoz

The VMS4430-100AUS is listed as being an Arlo Pro system which records at 720p.

Brian

Jazoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response !!

Would you accept this model if advertised as 1080p or should go back get 1080p model with same price ?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

IMHO the Pro 2 is a bit sharper in the daylight but a bit worse in the dark than the Pro. The Pro 2 has benefits that come with permanent AC power (3s lookback and activity zones), which isn't the easiest to provide if you're using the cameas outdoors.

I would expect if they put "1080p" next to this model's listing, it's a misprint, and I doubt that Australian consumer law would compel the seller to sell you the Pro 2 for the price listed for the VMS4430-100AUS

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Arlo website says the Pro is "HD Quality" with a max video resolution of 1280x720, which is 720p. No where on the website do I see where it says 1080P for the Pro.

Arlo website says the Pro2 is "1080p HD Quality" with a max video resolution of up to 1080p.

Where are you seeing that the Pro advertises 1080p?