Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does Arlo Pro camera communicate with wifi network or base station?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
amheck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my main wifi router and networking equipment in the back of the house.  I also have an access point in the front of the house that helps cover the wifi up there.

ideally, i would like to put the arlo base station with 99% of the rest of my equipment in the back, but the camera is going in the front of the house.  Does the camera need to connect to the base station, or does the base station just need to be on the network somewhere?  If the camera and base station need to talk directly via some other wireless protocol, then im guessing I’ll have to put the base station up in the front with the access point.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These are not IP cameras so will only connect to the base. I agree that connecting the base to the AP would be the best solution but you can always try your preferred location first, as a test.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These are not IP cameras so will only connect to the base. I agree that connecting the base to the AP would be the best solution but you can always try your preferred location first, as a test.

amheck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that makes sense.  I guess, like you say, i can try the back location and i assume it’ll tell me if the connection is poor snd then i can moventhe base up front.