Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Tikiman
Follower
Follower

I have Arlo cameras and base station. For the new Arlo Pro will I need a new base station and if so what additional features will be available on the new base station?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tikiman,

Arlo Pro cameras will sync to your current Arlo Wire Free base station.

For more information on the new Arlo Pro features, see here: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tikiman,

Arlo Pro cameras will sync to your current Arlo Wire Free base station.

For more information on the new Arlo Pro features, see here: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...

JamesC

Seriously
Guide
Guide

James-

You keep replying the same "script" answer to the growing legions of Arlo customers who are now not happy/confused/pissed off as to the release of the new Arlo Pro and being stuck/strung out having paid hundreds of $$$ for a security system that is now available and offering many, if not all, of the features people were looking to purchase but could not because Arlo/Netgear not only never informed customers of the upgrade but in my case when I specifically asked 3 months ago before purchasing that no new Arlos were coming out/improvements to the system were being made.

Basically, you keep pumping the idea of people now purchasing an Arlo Pro Base Station for customers to take advantage of some of the new features...WTF...HOW ABOUT ADRESSING WHAT PEOPLE WANT????   Arthur Spooner was ahead of his time...."Reparations"

Is it going to come down to people needing to start an online petition or something where customers can sign their names by the 1.000's to get your attention/PRESS because of their unhappiness/disgust with how this new roll out has taken place and how many thousands of customers have within a reasonable amount of time been lead to believe that the original Arlo was their only option and made the purchase and are now STUCK with units that are severly lacking in features compared to the new Arlo Pro...This isn't going to die down and it seems via another poster that Best Buy has stepped up to the plate and allowed that person to return their current and recently purchased system (though past original return date ie Best Buy )  and receive a full credit towards the new Arlo Pro system when it is released within a week or so.

It seems at least 1 Best Buy Manager is listening and yet Netgear/Arlo keeps pumping out the same scripted answers across the board which DO NOT ADDRESS THE QUESTION/S BEING ASKED!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Easy there, big boy! Ya gotta remember that James has nothing to do with anything other than to answer questions.  He's the messenger. And Netgear is hardly the only company that releases new products, seemingly obsoleting (not really) older ones.  It's all electronic warfare...

KenE0520
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seriously,

You 'Seriously' need to calm down. I understand you were given incorrect information, but it sounds like you're waiting for someone from Arlo to say, "We're so sorry about that, here's a free Arlo Pro for your trouble". If that's what you want, just ask them for it and the worst they can say is no... But please stop with the aggressive posts and calls for a revolution... Thx!

Seriously
Guide
Guide

KenE0520 -

"please stop with the aggressive posts and calls for a revolution... Thx!"

I don't know whether to laugh or laugh.....though in a good way....

You've been watching/reading way too much Donald Trump.  Now that's a revolution.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seriously wrote:

You've been watching/reading way too much Donald Trump.  Now that's a revolution. 

Well, it's revolting... 😛

Seriously
Guide
Guide

jguerdat-

Revolting???

No, it's gonna be HUUUGE!!!!

Coming November 35th..Mark your calendars.

mel1989
Aspirant
Aspirant
So, is that a definate yes to being able to use the original base station and app with the new arlo pro camera? Could the rechargeable batteries for the pro be used in the original arlo cameras too?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes to using Pro cameras with old base.  No for Pro batteries to fit in an old camera - different form factor.  Check the Announcements board here for a post on rechargeable batteries for the old cameras.