Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lmmw79
Follower
Follower

I am not getting a clear answer. Do I need a base station for th Arlo Pro to work or can I connect to my home wifi? What does the base station add?

I want to be able to view on my computer and iPhone.

Why do I need the base?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lmmw79,

Arlo Wire-free and Arlo Pro cameras require a base station for setup. These cameras will not sync to your home WiFi, they can only be synced to an Arlo base station.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Westtech
Aspirant
Aspirant

lmmw79 wrote:

I am not getting a clear answer. Do I need a base station for th Arlo Pro to work or can I connect to my home wifi? What does the base station add?

Why do I need the base?

lmmw79 wrote:

Why do I need the base?

The Arlo base is the brains, the cameras are the eyes.  The base allows you to connect your phone or computer to view what the cameras are seeing.  You wouldn't go out and just buy a monitor or a keyboard if you didn't have a computer... 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lmmw79,

Arlo Wire-free and Arlo Pro cameras require a base station for setup. These cameras will not sync to your home WiFi, they can only be synced to an Arlo base station.

JamesC