Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discolored ports

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
1775USMC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Its been over a month or so. I purchased the solar charging panels for the Arlo which is awesome by the way... But i just noticed one of the cams wasnt charging. I took the cam down to investigate. It looks like the charging ports are discolored greenish.. I cleaned it both.. Still nothing. My solar is under warranty for 2 years but what if its the cam?? Not spending money on a new cam for these problems to happen again. Any suggestions???
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the solar panel to another camera. Make sure the connectors on both ends are properly inserted which can be a real PITA.

1775USMC
Aspirant
Aspirant
I took down the cam and charged it with the Bat charger it came with. It charged no problem.. Could be the panel..
Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1775USMC,

Take a look at this article to make sure your solar panel is set up correctly. If you're still experiencing issues, you may need to contact the Arlo Support Team for further investigation.

My Arlo Solar Panel is not charging my Arlo Go or Arlo Pro camera battery; what do I do?

JamesC

1775USMC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes.. Took down solar charger.. Plugged it in different cam... Still not working.. I think rain water got in there or some kind of moisture..
Ill just replace the panel.. I have insurance coverage for 2 years
Travelinman85
Initiate
Initiate
I had two arlo pro2 camera charging ports burn. Destroyed the charging ports. Was running the cams on a/c power with no batteries outside fully exposed to the elements. Arlo was great and replaced both cams. I am now relocating the cameras under the soffits. Will silicone caulk the "weather proof" connector. Pretty sure water found its way into the port. Don