Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disabling Cloud Uploads

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
jay308
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased an Arlo system without realizing cloud storage seems to be required. My problem with it is not data or bandwidth but privacy. I have zero interest in having the daily life of my family uploaded to anyone for any reason. Frankly I find the whole idea creepy. So I either need a way of preventing while retaining all the features the system has to offer or I'll have to return the system for another brand. Can somebody help with this?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not really possible... the system is cloud based for also commands. ( and recordings )

( if the cameras are armed and you have a Pro/Pro2 system with a usb backup, then the interent goes out, it will continue to record to the local usb... but there is no way of controlling the base as commands need to go thru too )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

@jay308

Arlo, unlike other manufacturers does not sell your info to advertisers. Secondly, as long as you keep your basic plan, there is really nothing to steal from your account that is not already public knowledge. The advantage of cloud storage is that should someone break into your home and steal or damae your equipment You will have a record of what happened that is stored on Arlos's servers for evidence.

Brian

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Also, you have the control to set up the cameras for when one or many are armed or disarmed. For inside cameras when the family is home, and up and awake, leaving interior cameras armed would drive you nuts with notifications and suck up battery anyway. You can control modes and scheudles when cameras are needed. You control what the camera sees and records.