Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Devices unable to connect to our wifi and so cannot view live feed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NinfaZavaleta
Follower
Follower

We have had this system for a good amount of time but recently a new issue has appeared that I can't seem to figure out. My base station is set up correctly and is working presumably well. The problem is with my 4 wireless cameras, and they apparently can't connect with my wifi and therefore I'm unable to view the live feed. What is my problem? If it helps I recently paid my internet bill so I assume it's not a problem surrounding my internet

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu if you can use the Live Feed, but the cameras are recording, the issue is flash.

Most browsers default the flash off these days and it must be enabled.

On Fire fox, it's an icon that looks like a "lego" block just to the left of the address location... click on this and allow flash and live view works.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NinfaZavaleta wrote:

The problem is with my 4 wireless cameras, and they apparently can't connect with my wifi 

A lot of folks seem confused on this.  The cameras don't connect to your home wifi.  The base station creates a closed wifi system that the cameras use.  The base then connects everything to the internet (and your home network) using ethernet.

As @TomMac says, you do need to know how to enable flash when you are using your web browser.  If you can't sort that out using his instructions, please post back telling us what browser you are using.