Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Artiland
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got the same problem with my arlo system as mentioned on older posts. Generally updates work fine when home, but I can’t update while away. Agree with comments already made that you should be able to delay a firmware update for say 1-2 weeks until you back at home. On the plus side I’ve noticed I am still getting library camera footage when triggered, so it’s not totally unusable, it’s just the live camera viewing that is disabled until you can make the update at home.

Mr M Ireland
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Artiland
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, the firmware update did take place in the end and worked remotely, but it isn’t obvious while using the app that this is happening. Think it would be helpful to have a pop up to say “your Base station is being updated, and should be completed shortly” As it stands at the moment, the live cameras just go blank with no indication of the update taking place, which gives the impression it isn’t working.
Mr M Ireland

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

Simple solution just do restart remotely and once the system will go back online the software / firmware will be updated.

Good luck

Artiland
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, the firmware update did take place in the end and worked remotely, but it isn’t obvious while using the app that this is happening. Think it would be helpful to have a pop up to say “your Base station is being updated, and should be completed shortly” As it stands at the moment, the live cameras just go blank with no indication of the update taking place, which gives the impression it isn’t working.
Mr M Ireland