Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Coolers
Tutor
Tutor

Was an excited purchaser and happy user originally. Recommended to several neighbors who are now Arlo owners. However, I (actually all 3 of us) have noticed a significant downgrade in performance. There is now a large enough delay between event trigger and actual camera recording, that these are almost useless for security purposes. Where I would frequent see vehicle turning around in front of my house, I now only hear the sound of the vehicle off camera - driving away. Instead of seeing someone walking up my sidewalk/porch, I’m seeing the top of their head as they are already at the door. My estimation is all my cameras now operate with a 4 to 5 second record delay. Additionally, notification alert time has slowed down by 20 - 25 seconds. We sadly laugh now, because we are in our garage and door closed before either of our phones alert of our activation. Total time is closer to 45 seconds between trigger and notification. Originally it was 5 - 10 seconds!!! I no longer recommend your product and if it isn’t fixed soon, will be seeking a different product - to the loss of over $850 invested. I’ve tried all the fixes. Rebooting & updating system/routers/reconnect cameras/ensure clean, etc. No other parameters have changed in my home and network. Just a degrading of the performance of your cameras and App. I loved the simplicity and battery life. Please fix the functionality!!

53 REPLIES 53
SMLBound
Tutor
Tutor
Me TOO!

I found a great technical solution too, and solved my battery problems in the process!!

I recently purchased a bunch of Eufy 2 Cams with local storage and 1 year of battery life. My existing Arlo Pro cameras (all needing new batteries) will go in the scrap heap. Happy new customer (of Eufy)
jfcoll
Star
Star

Does Eufy or Nest offer a pc/web based application yet or just phones?

yellowsubmarine
Tutor
Tutor

Did you see the reviews on Eufy range?

douglas458
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo and fellow customers,

Listen to these comments, they are real. They are the same problems we have with our three cameras and another replacement. The delay is too long and not secure. I have 1 gbps xfinity router and all cameras are with in range, batteries are charged. Your IT responses are not correct, I'm highly technical and see many problems. Especially, lighting. The lighting is at times, fantastically bright or weird dark, no matter of blue sky. Changes by the times of the day.