Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 67 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kram67
Guide
Guide

I know this has been mentioned before....

However Netgear really need to understand that, at least here in the UK, CCTV footage requires date/time stamp on the actual video image, otherwise it is not admissable in a court of law.  Somewhat defeats the point...

This is a very real issue for those of us who have invested heavily in Arlo Pro. 

I, and I am sure many others, would appreciate a response from Netgear as to when they will implement this basic feature.

Thanks, Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This has come up before with some in the UK.

The only info I can suggest, is a screen grab of the video when played as the date time is at the top during play back withe the time elapsed at bottom... This did help someone else.

Also there can be metadata in the file that proves date/ time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This has come up before with some in the UK.

The only info I can suggest, is a screen grab of the video when played as the date time is at the top during play back withe the time elapsed at bottom... This did help someone else.

Also there can be metadata in the file that proves date/ time

Morse is faster than texting!
Kram67
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the workaround.

Still not an ideal solution, for such a basic feature of CCTV.

Can't help thinking that if it was a requirement in the US then it would have been implemented from the off....

DanTheCameraMan
Initiate
Initiate
Couldn't agree more - it can't be too difficult for Netgear to add on a time and date stamp. This is a fundemental feature for CCTV systems and given that this is a premium camera system you would expect it to have a time date stamp.

Netgear please sort this out!
fruitcat
Initiate
Initiate

I have to chime in about the visible time/date stamp. There has to an option for timecode/timestamp and date burn-in on the actual vidieo, or it's useless in court. I have spent four figures on Arlo equipment, and I need evidence from those cams this week to use in court proceedings. Why would anyone make a security camera that *doesn't* have this most basic feature? Especially for the price of these cameras??

fruitcat
Initiate
Initiate

I have to add that when I purchased the cameras, it never once occurred to me that they wouldn't have timestamp visible on the images. It's inconceivable. Netgear please fix. These are very expensive cameras that perform very well, but this is a huge design flaw.