Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
dhoctran
Tutor
Tutor

I am curious as to what each household set as their custom schedule, with this option, How do I tell if it's armed or disarmed?

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If it's Armed or a custom mode is in place, the running Man for each camera would be black, not gray. You can also look in the Mode tab, click on your base, and check out what mode is in use.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I run on a schedule. I have two recording modes. 'Day' and 'Night'. Night runs midnight til 8am. Day runs 8am-7pm. Night runs 7pm til midnight.

Day mode is slightly less sensitive as I find large trucks and trees moving in the wind trigger recording, sometimes hundreds of times per day. Night is significantly more sensitive and doesn't give as many 'false alarms'. Having spent a fair bit of time fine tuning each camera sensitivity per mode, it now all works as perfectly as I can expect. The best upshot of having it working so well is the batteries now last WAY longer!!

dhoctran
Tutor
Tutor
So which motion sensitivity should I set if outside? I want to be able to detect people motion only and not wind, not weather changes...

How about the audio sensitivity? i want to be able to capture clear voice but not garbled voice.

With both settings, I cant seem to know if the 2-way audio works or is on...
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I can't tell you what sensitivity you need. You'll have to work it out yourself as it depends on what's happening in the FOV. I recommend you start high and work down. I had the threshold that if the camera was triggered by wind or passing cars more than twice in half an hour, I'd turn it down. This was a process that took quite a long time to get to where I am now. Worst is that I'm going to replace all my front Arlo cameras with Arlo Pro as soon as they are released in this part of the world and will have to work through the entire process again

dhoctran
Tutor
Tutor
How do i set a schedule for each camera?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You need to have your recording modes sorted. Then in the mode selection, you edit the mode Schedule. This gives a week calendar with each day starting at midnight. You select which recording mode goes in which time period eg for me. 'Day' was 8am-7pm and 'Night' was midnight to 8am AND 7pm til midnight
You could, for example, you ARMED from midnight to 8am, DISARMED from 8am-3pm, and ARMED again from 3pm til midnight. Have a play and you'll see how it works.
Then back in the mode tab, select Schedule and it will follow the schedule. In various pages, you can see which mode it's currently in

dhoctran
Tutor
Tutor

I don't know if the scheduling mode allows to use 2 cameras for each day? instead of scheduling it for both cameras? I have 2 outdoor cameras but I want the front to use a certain time and the back to use a certain time...I don't think this is possible?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to the FAQs and find the section on ADD A MODE or custom modes.... you need to break your cameras apart to work them separately.

You are given ARMED ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off )

You need to make 2 more modes as above "ADD A MODE"  calling them names that make sense like inside/outside...front/back cam, etc

Once you have these additional modes you can schedule ALL ,  A  or  B.  This allows you any combo at any time

Remember;

any scheduled time slot NOT using a mode is OFF

To schedule thru midnight, break the time inot two parts  ...up to 1159pm and next day at Midnight to whenever ( schedule doesn't cross days )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Tell us exactly what you want to do with cameras and times and we'll tell you exactly how to set it up

Shallan17
Aspirant
Aspirant

You stated if I told you what I wanted to do that you would provide how do set it up. I am trying to figure this out if I can then I will keep these but as of right now they all record at the same time and I get 300+ emails and have to shut them all off since they are all set at the same time. I followed your above info and I created 6 modes. I have 4 pro cameras by the way and 1 arlo baby. I see that there is a section under the modes that says add rule but I didnt mess with this. There is not a section that says add rules under the mode for the arlo baby. I do not see how to add the times I want for each camera. This is where I get stuck. 

Mode: Outside Day

Mode: Outside Night

Mode: Inside Day

Mode: Inside Night

Mode (Arlo Baby): Ty's Room Night Time

Mode (Arlo Baby): Ty's Room Day Time 

Then I went in the mode and had to click on what camera I wanted to use and it only let me click on 1 camera when I created the above modes. So each of those above only have 1 camera to them. From this point I dont know what to do as I dont see an option to add schedule times. I need help with this please. I am a step by step person.

Do I need to add more modes? I dont know what to do next, if you want to start me from the beginning I can walk through it all or whatever you think is best. Thanks for the help.

I have 4 Arlo Pro Cameras and 1 Arlo Baby Id like to set up a schedule as followed

Livingroom: 6am-5pm, and 10pm-6am

Basement: 6am-5pm, and 10pm- 6am

Bedroom: 6am-5pm

Outside: 6am-5pm, and 10pm-6am

Arlo Baby-Tys Room: 6am-5pm and 9pm-6am

If I can get these scheduled for times and stop getting 300+ video where Im shutting the cameras off cause Im over it I will keep them but as of now I am deactivating them which is a waste of money. HELP please and thank you

Lakehouse38
Star
Star

The scheduler will only allow you to run one mode at a time. You need to create your Modes based on when you want them to run.  For example, create a mode for Daytime, Night time, Baby Only.  Schedule Daytime from 6am-5pm and include cameras Livingroom, Bedroom, Basement, Arlo Baby and Outside in Daytime mode.  Schedule Night time for 10pm-11:59pm and Midnight-5:59am and include cameras Livingroom, Basement, Arlo Baby and Outside in Night time.  Schedule Baby Only from 9pm-9:59pm and include only the Arlo Baby camera in this mode.

Try it out and play with it.  Just remember you can only have one mode active at any one time.

Hope this helps

Shallan17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.

I went in and deleted the modes I had and created one that says daytime and one that says night time.

Once I do that I saved it and it showed up under need my list of schedules . My screan says Armed Disarmed Schedule Geofencing Daytime Night time. Then I click the pencil on daytime mode and there is a section that says add rules. Is this where i had all my cameras to the daytime. I went in and hit add rule and added livingroom, basement, bedroom, outside. But there is not section that lets me add the times like you have listed under here. How do i do that???

Do I need to go back to the mode screen and hit schedule and just add all the times there but when I do that it does not let you pick the cameras. So hear is where I am still stuck.

When I open schedule it show 12am-7am on sat and sun

It shows 12am-5pm Mon-Fri

It shows 10pm-1159 Mon-Sun

I have those times in all green under schedule but non of them show what  camera like your saying to add. So I dont kno what I need to do next.

As fir Arlo Baby, thats a whole different section I go into Mode, click Arlo Baby then Im at a screen like the 4 other camers. Then I added Night Time and Day Time. Then I went to schedule and set the time just like above.

So if I hit schedule and leave that on for the day instead of monitoring on will the times work that are listed on the schedule? Or if I hit one of the onther modes like night time how do I know what it does cause I couldnt had anythig under there.

So Im still confused before I can play around with this.

Shallan

Lakehouse38
Star
Star

The scheduler only schedules Modes. This means you tell the scheduler what time and day you want a particular mode to run.

Each Mode has Rules which specify which camera to use and what to do when motion or audio is detected.

When you have the Schedule set the way you want it select "Schedule" from the mode screen.  This will activate the specific modes based on the schedule you selected.

Hope this clarifies the how Schedule, Modes and Rules work. 

Let me know if you are still having issues.

Lakehouse38
Star
Star

Did you get all your cameras setup the way you wanted?

Shallan17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

They are set up just not sure if they are what I want or not. I have the modes in there and today I have selected the schedule button to see if they will activate and record like I have then set up if I did it correctly. We will see if they shut off at 5pm tonight as well.

Is there a way to only have 2 of the 4 cameras on or do they all have to record at the same time? If I just wanted the two outside ones to record and not the inside house ones can I do that?

Example if I know Ill be home for the day and dont need inside on but still would like to have outside on can and I go in and turn just those two cameras on? I dont see a way to do that.

Thanks

Shallan

Lakehouse38
Star
Star

Glad to see you have it setup and ready for testing.  Yes you can have just two camera setup to record upon detection of motion and/or sound.  The way to do that is to create a mode (call it Outside for example) and within that mode create two rules, one for each camera.  When you know you will be in the house you can set the scheduler to switch to Outside mode and only the outside cameras will be active.

Shallan17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick replies, I just set that up for outside only. Right now I have the green button on next to schedule. This will be my test to see if I did this correctly or not. It should record all 4 cameras till 5pm tonight and then stop recording and turn back on at 10pm. We will see. Ill keep you posted if I have any further questions or to see if this even works. LOL

I am starting to mess with my arlo baby camera now. I want to know if there is an override on our phones or something that our phones turn on our buzz or something when there is movement or sounds. Not just getting an email or a little notification. I understand those but when I click my phone I have to still click on the app to get in. Just seeing if that has an override on it.

Thanks

Shallan