Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

In trying to troubleshoot a major issue I discovered that started the same day the missing Mode tab issue was fixed (which I'll detail in another post), one of my troubleshooting steps is to create a custom mode. It's the first time I'm doing this and I have a few questions.

There doesn't seen to be a way to create a rule in my custom mode to have 3 cameras disarmed, and one armed. Am I missing something?

In my rules I always have to choose when detects motion or when detects sound. Why can't I just say do nothing? I don't want it detecting motion and doing nothing which uses battery power (I assume), I want it to not detect motion at all.

Once I create the rule in the custom mode I have to choose either push or email for alerts. If I don't, save is greyed out. I am having the cameras do nothing so I don't want an alert of any kind. How do I disable alerts and still be able to save the rule?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yer trying to hard. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. It's always been like that.

I think the issue with the notifications is that you're using "do nothing" which requires some sort of action such as a notification to complete the rule. Since you want them to be disarmed just remove the rule.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yer trying to hard. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. It's always been like that.

I think the issue with the notifications is that you're using "do nothing" which requires some sort of action such as a notification to complete the rule. Since you want them to be disarmed just remove the rule.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ahhh... I didn't realize that. I'll remove the rules and give it a try. (I'll mark as solution if all is good). Thanks.