Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continuing to struggle with iOS app being inconsistent

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi folks,

I've participated in several threads related to the iOS app and seen a few responses, but it doesn't seem like there is much discussion around this app.  I'm continuing to struggle with it.  This morning I confirmed via my Mac using Safari that I had both my garage and front door set to record video on motion.  I tested both of them out before I left the house, and they were working fine.

I then logged in remotely using the iOS app, and both cameras were set to "do nothing".  And neither of them did record any video.

In addition, when I try to set them back, I have the option to record video, but the pencil mark to extend the recording length is just missing. 

So I log back in via Safari again once home, reset to record video, and then check the iOS app.  Now the pencil mark to extend the recording length is back and selectable.

Am I going crazy here, or is anyone else seeing this?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

your not crazy..the latest ios app was pushed out before the holiday due to a bug fix, but unfortunately got glitchy with a couple others.

It being between Christmas and NY, there prob won't be any resolution till after the 1st !

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

OK, I feel better then.  It seemed like the app was pretty solid prior to the last update.  The only improvement we got was to eliminate the gray overlay.  It's hard to imagine how so many new bugs were introduced in the process.

Slono
Guide
Guide

I have the exact same problem with my IOS app.  I've resorted to setting everything up using Mozilla Firefox and only resort to the IOS app to check the recordings and stream live.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Are use Android app and the offer was better before they updated it they made things worse for me
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I mean I use the Android app. The app was better before they updated it. now it hangs a lot
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HB15

Consider uninstalling the app and download a fresh version from the iOS store. Are you still seeing this behaving after the new install?

JamesC