Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cannot chang the record time on the site

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
gmangolf1
Aspirant
Aspirant

MI cannot chang the record time on the site.     It allows me to get to the screen that has a slide bar from 10 seconds to120 seconds but it is shadowed instead of a live bar.     10 seconds is worthless

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using IOS... it has this problem from last app release.

Try a browser at   https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using IOS... it has this problem from last app release.

Try a browser at   https://arlo.netgear.com/

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gmangolf1,

Were you able to resolve the issue using the browser as suggested above?

Consider uninstalling the mobile and app and download a fresh version, are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

AUTX
Star
Star

There is no way to save changes in the EDIT RULE flow!  Folks that are trying to save changes to record times or audio settings are unable to save thier changes.  Im seeing this in Chrome and IE(Microsoft Edge)

steps

1. Login to the web app at https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

2.Select Mode- Armed - Click on the ' >' on the far right

3.Select a camera and click EDIT in the RULES section

4.Click on the ' >' on the far right of MOTION IS DETECTED

5.CHANGE YOUR MOTION SENSITIVITY

6. ISSUE - there is no way to save the changes 

There is no SAVE button on the page and user cannot get back to the EDIT RULE page where the save button is. if the user navigates back on the browser they are taken to the EDIT MODE page and lose their changes.  In the Mobile App for IOS a SAVE button just appears on the top right when a change is made.The solution is to add a SAVE button to all the EDIT RULE PAGES (VIDEO AND AUDIO) or add a tab for EDIT RULE so users can make changes and click BACK to save them on the EDIT RULE page.

Hopefully somebody can duplicate this issue and confirm. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree there's room for improvement here since 1) the Save selection is in inconsistent places and 2) seems to be missing in various areas.

However, what you're seeing is basically self-induced.  The Save for making the changes to recording time, etc. is back on the rule page, not for the individual setting.  You're using the browser back arrow instead of using the Back selection at the top left of the setting page you want to use.  Once you use the appropriate Back selection, you're returned to the rule page which has a Save button at the bottom.

I'd like to see all Save buttons at the top of the page since frequently you haven't scrolled down sufficiently to notice that Save is at the bottom.  I'd also like to see the app and browser interfaces merged so they're the same or at least as close as possible.  Using different icons (pencil vs. > to indicate the edit function), different locations for Save, etc. can be confusing.  You can get used to the foibles but it really shouldn't be necessary.

gmangolf1
Aspirant
Aspirant
thank you TomMac. Your solution was right on the money. Thx again gmangolf1
AUTX
Star
Star

Opps!  i didnt see the BACK button up there - and several other folks as well.  Its not that intuitive.

Thanks!