Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mhradford
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help!  Whenever I plug my Arlo in for charging, it detects the battery as 0% and sends me constant notifications to my phone and to my email that the batter is low and needs to be charged.  How do I make it stop?

5 REPLIES 5
Mhradford
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, more details.  Looking in the App, the battery level is oscillating between 38% and 0%.  Every time it hits 0% a notification gets sent out (about ever 2-3 seconds).  I have received 194 emails in 12 minutes.  Somebody help...

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you using the charger and charging cable that came with the camera?

Mhradford
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am.  I bought a two camera kit.  I switched the cable to the other camera, and am charging that camera successfully.  Once it is charged I will swap the batteries and try charging the other one.  This should help me isolate if it is a camera or battery issue.

Mhradford
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, it appears to be the battery.  When I switched batteries to the camera I had finished charging, it started behaving in the same manner as in the other camera.  That being said, once it reached above 40% charge, the notifications stopped, and its charging properly again.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Great deductive work to figure out that the battery is the likely culprit. Hit up Support for an RMA replacement battery