Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
delgadillo29
Initiate
Initiate

Hello everyone, 

I've had the Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera(4 cameras total) for 4 days so far. I've never had a  camera system before and this is my first one. I really love a lot of things about it. Any way the first day I got the cameras i set it up.  It was really easy. But while syncning and checking how the cameras operated for the first time i noticed one them said offline. I figured battery must be low or maybe defective camera. I switched the offline camera battery with one that was working fine and It was all good(this camera has become one of my front door outdoor camera.) The camera that took the "low" battery turned on fine and hasn't given me any problems, also im sitting 2 feet away from base while setting things up. Today I was monitoring the cameras   from work and i noticed the camera that originally went offlline is offline againthis camera is 30 feet away from base. I'm at work and I can't do anything. I've read through many Q and A's about this problem and there is so many problems with this.

Thank you. 

PS my home is not big. two bedroom one bath. rooms are 14ft x 10ft.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's the one camera that is going off again even after moving... sounds like a contact / Trouble report to Netgear.. maybe it has a problem

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

delgadillo29,

What is the signal like on the affected camera? Walls and other WiFi devices can sometimes cause interference, this may be why the camera is dropping offline.

JamesC