Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Confused on the battery life

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rj624
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have model VMS4330 of the Arlo Pro wireless HD camera that came with 3 cameras and 3 rechargeable batteries.  I am confused about the batteries.  I have recharged each battery one time when the battery life indicator indicated they were low.  Now all of a sudden, I get "It's time to change your batteries" on all 3 cameras. Are the "rechargeable batteries" only rechargeable once???????

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No but the length of time that a battery will last, whether in a camera or a flashlight, depends on how it's used. The total number of minutes of live viewinng and recording per day as well as how the WiFi signal between the base and cameras makes all the difference.

rj624
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply. I guess what my question comes down to is this........ what is the difference between "charge" and "change"? I know that when the battery indicator says my battery is low, I just charge it, there's no question. But, currently it's telling me (right across the viewing area) that it's time to "CHANGE" the batteries. Does this mean I need new batteries or is this simply another word for "charge"?
rj624
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply. I guess what my question comes down to is this........ what is the difference between "charge" and "change"? I know that when the battery indicator says my battery is low, I just charge it, there's no question. But, currently it's telling me (right across the viewing area) that it's time to "CHANGE" the batteries. Does this mean I need new batteries or is this simply another word for "charge"?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Hmmm... strange. What firmware version are your cameras on? I wonder if this is a message meant for the Arlo HD. Have you opened a ticket with support?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't run my Pro batteries down to the point of complete exhaustion so can't be sure but I suppose it's possible that the software is programmed for only one response at that point.  If that's the case, charging would be the same thing as changing.