Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
chito2800
Aspirant
Aspirant
Increase in motion sensitivity will lower battery level? Have you notice the clicking sound on one camera only. I just bought Arlo pro and one of the cameras had a clicking sound like a Clock I returned it and bought a new pack Same thing . return that one bought another pack same thing again. Clicking sound on 2 camera only. Arlobpro 4 pack. Is it the new update?
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

chito2800,

Increasing motion sensitivity doesn't directly reduce battery life but could cause the camera to record more, which will result in faster battery depletion.

Are you referring to the click when the camera initiates night vision mode? Can you provide an example of what you are referring to?

JamesC

chito2800
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I watch live or watch a recording I hear a clicking sound just like a clock all the times. Louder at night.
Apprentice
Apprentice

IMO has to do with weak capicitors. Arcing across circuit board. IMO portends to premature failure and there are common reports on this board of that happening with the outdoor AC adaptor which has since been recalled due to possible fire issues. I don't know about your case but there is nothing you can do about it. It is what it is if you don't want to try another swap which IMO isn't gonna help. BTW Arlo is made in Vietnam, a country not known to be proficient in producing large scale consumer electronics. Perhaps quality control is a variable. You have a 1 year warranty and perhaps and extended additional year depending on the card you used to buy your cams with.

chito2800
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's crazy. I returned 2 brand new 4 packs to Best Buy because on each one. one camera was clicking. This is my third brand new 4 pack still got the clicking on 1 camera. I kept it because I called netgear but at first they told me Best Buy must me dropping they caneras because you get that clicking when the camera gets dropped. Than I called again saying I bought 3 new 4 packs and got the clicking noise on just 1 camera each Time than they told me it's a hardware problem????? I did read the forums about how they are made in Vietnam. But it's crazy. 3 boxes same problem. I still can return to bestbuy but god! Is netgear adding lemon caneras to each box? Can it cause a fire? This sucks . I bet if I go buy a new pack I'll still get the clicking noise .
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
I have this and the exessive picking up of background noise, it’s like the mic is so sensitive it’s picking up the actual mechanism of the unit.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Yes, pretty much all of them have that ticking/clicking sound. Some are minimal and some are just outright loud. It's indeed the quality build of these cameras is an issue. There's a whole discussion about it here