Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
S-Mar
Guide
Guide

Since original question, i have purchased an Arlo Pro and it had been working well with the other 4 Cameras including the sound.

I am in the US and the system is at our other house in South Africa.  I have the Arlo cord going to the camera 24/7.

After 3 weeks of working perfectly, it suddenly stopped charging and the online video showed an exclamation point on the battery in red.

The pic on the live feed was black and a statement that said someting about only charging with Arlo equipment.  (I only use Arlo equipment)

Even with the black live screen, it still recorded properly.    This started happened on the 3rd week of attaching the Arlo Pro.

The person that takes care of the house unplugged the camera(battery still in it) for 5 minutes and the problem was remedied for 2 days but has happened at least 6 more times in 10 days.  An electrician friend went by after about 12 days of this and said that when it happens there is a ticking noise from the Arlo device that has the USB on one side and power cord on the other.  If he disconnects and reconnects the USB cord and the camera instantly starts charging and the ticking goes away.  Now it takes only 10 minutes and the camera stops charging and the ticking starts.  Therefore the camera has now gone dead because it now only will charge for 1 minutes at a time.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like an issue with battery or charger unit... more like charger but it may be the pack

If you have more than one camera ... you can

1) swap battery pack and see if it works ( if so then its the battery and not the charger )

Just so you know, if the battery is an issue, the adapter WILL run the camera without the battery...pull battery and just plug cable/adapter in

Also, If need be, a Qualcomm compatable phone charger that puts out 5v and 9v dc ( many for the newer phones like Galaxy S7 ) will function fine as a temp replacement till you can get one from Netgear,  Just use the supplied cable that came with the camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
S-Mar
Guide
Guide

Only 1 Arlo pro the others are the standard Arlo.  System is on our house in africa, and can not swap out

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

understand;

then..

.Also, If need be, a Qualcomm compatable phone charger that puts out 5v and 9v dc ( many for the newer phones like Galaxy S7 ) will function fine as a temp replacement till you can get one from Netgear,  Just use the supplied cable that came with the camera.

Morse is faster than texting!