Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ianhd
Follower
Follower

This is regarding the Arlo Pro and the circular magnetic mount that came with the kit. On the back of the mount, there is a triangular-shaped hole for 1 nail, so after drilling the nail into my exterior siding of my house, I "hung" the mount onto the nail. Since it's only 1 nail, this means that, altho it's flush against the exterior surface of my house, I can swivel it back and forth. That said, when I attach the camera to the mount, the mount immediately swivels to the side that has the most weight from the camera. For example, if I wanted to angle the camera to the left, the mount would compensate by swiveling to the right. This makes it difficult to get it in just the right position.

Any luck with folks out there experiencing the same thing? This seems like a design flaw to me. It would make more sense to more firmly attach the mount to a surface, such that it does not swivel from side to side. 

Any suggestions? I'm hoping that Arlo would acknowledge this as a design flaw and ship me a different mounting device, but, after talking on the phone w/ their support, the call got disconnected, altho I suspect it was a hangup of the phone b/c I was getting frustrated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yup it swivels but it isn't that hard to aim the camera in the right direction. For the exterior of your house, you may want to purchase one of the other mounts like the Arlo Outdoor Mount. It comes in black or white. It also makes the camera more difficult to steal if you're concerned about that

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo/outdoor-mount.aspx

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yup it swivels but it isn't that hard to aim the camera in the right direction. For the exterior of your house, you may want to purchase one of the other mounts like the Arlo Outdoor Mount. It comes in black or white. It also makes the camera more difficult to steal if you're concerned about that

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo/outdoor-mount.aspx

Addyhash
Apprentice
Apprentice

i just nipped the screw a bit more until the mount clipped on tight...

never had an issue

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Or a bit of double stick tape on mount... place mount over screw and press in and down

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------