Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Charging Paused, Battery Temperature is too low - HUH?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bascherz
Guide
Guide

It's getting colder outside. Today it was in the high 20's. When I opened my web browser to look at what recorded late this morning, three of my five cameras (the three not in direct sunlight) were showing the following message:

Charging Paused, Battery Temperature is too low

First of all, none of my cameras has an external power source. They are all running only on batteries. So there's no way they can be charging.

Secondly, what does "battery temperature is too low" mean? Do these batteries stop working at some temperature? Hopefully it's not 29F because it is going to get a lot colder than that here in any given winter.

Third, this only showed on my web browser. It did not show on my Android app. It was easily cleared on the browser, but is this going to happen all winter long? I sure hope not.

Thanks,

Bruce Scherzinger

near Washington DC USA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue was addressed in the most recent firmware release, be sure you are running the latest base station firmware and you should no longer experience this issue.

Release notes are available here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That warning Pops up when it gets near 32F or so.... but the li-ions cells I've used have been fine down to < zero ( loss of a bit of capacity only )

It is a warning only that you should not allow the batteries to be charged when they are cold...bad things can happen charging li-ions at cold temps.

It also prob stops a pack from charging.

At this time I think it's error on the side of caution by them.

It's in the PC sw, and as you said a click and its gone... If can think of another way , put it in the suggestion area , one never knows, but Netgear reads these.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue was addressed in the most recent firmware release, be sure you are running the latest base station firmware and you should no longer experience this issue.

Release notes are available here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

JamesC