Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 22 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
Curls0909
Follower
Follower

My batteries on 2 of my Arlo cameras were getting low and I decided to bring them in and charge them up. Up to this point they have been working great. However, when I plug the camera in to begin charging a message on my mobile app shows up and states the following: "A charging fault has been detected. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charing Faults" I have reviewed quite a few troubleshooting chats and nothing seems to work and the message persists. Also, I can not find the "KB Article". Can anyone help me out as the cameras are only 1 year old. Thank you for your time!

33 REPLIES 33
ajen7118
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I purchased the Arlo Pro from Costco in 2018. Recently, i noticed that when i plugged in the power cable into camera, it didnt charge at all.  Even the spare battery, it wouldnt charge a all. There is a message "KB article for Charging Faults".

i did reboot my base or remove battery and plug in. None of them worked.

Does anyone have this experience please help? Thank you.

UmarMuhammad
Star
Star
Same problem here... is it because of some software push ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @UmarMuhammad

Please reach out to our customer support team to further investigate this issue. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Roxane
Tutor
Tutor

did you ever solve your problem?  I have the same problem with mine.

ajen7118
Aspirant
Aspirant
What I did was I switched battery to another camera and it did charge.
Roxane
Tutor
Tutor

did you ever solve your problem I am having the same one

JacobHolleman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having the same issue, waiting on tech support.
Roxane
Tutor
Tutor

please let me know if you get an answer

UmarMuhammad
Star
Star
Seems like that there was a recent update that is causing this problem. This should be fixed by charging through the original charger and cable.

I had to call the customer support to get the replacement charger. Will update this thread once I get it and the problem is resolved.
Roxane
Tutor
Tutor

I am using the original cable and charger and it is still giving me the same message.  If it is a software issue they had better hurry with a fix. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roxane wrote:

I am using the original cable and charger and it is still giving me the same message.  If it is a software issue they had better hurry with a fix. 

How many cameras do you have?  If more than one, are you seeing this issue on all of them?

ajen7118
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 cameras but only one gives me this error message. Not sure if it is charger’s issue but might be a camera battery connector issue. Hope Arlo can look into this
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ajen7118 wrote:
I have 3 cameras but only one gives me this error message. Not sure if it is charger’s issue but might be a camera battery connector issue. Hope Arlo can look into this

If only one camera gives the message, then the charger and cable are ruled out.

Try swapping the battery with a camera that works, and see if the problem moves with the battery or stays with the camera.

Also, look at the connector in the camera.  If it looks dirty or corroded, try gently cleaning it.

Roxane
Tutor
Tutor

I only own one camera, I plugged my phone in using the charger and the charger worked fine so charger is not the problem.  Connections all look clean on my camera.  My camera still works fine but the battery  is down to 16%.  I tried chat support but apparently that is down .  Arlo has terrible customer service.

bsmalls
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this issue on all my cameras but the cable will charge other items. I've swapped batteries, plugged in and out, nothing works. The batteries are dead but when you plug in the camera it will allow you to activate it so there is clearly power going to them. Just not sure whey the battery won't charge. Any thoughts on this? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @bsmalls

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

UmarMuhammad
Star
Star
I had the same problem when I was charging them through non-Arlo wall charger.
Try charging them through Arlo charger.
Maryjr88
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I am getting the same error message. But the camera is still charging. While I was looking for an article on the issue, it went from 12% to 16%. 

Roxane
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo support reached out to me, it ended up being the camera so they sent me a new camera.  They were fantastic to work with.

Maryjr88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wrong and it wasn't charging at all.  It must have been just bringing it from outside that made the percentage go up.  Anyone have any suggestions how to get it to charge?

Roxane
Tutor
Tutor

call Arlo support at 408-638-3750 they were a great help to me.  They sent me a new charger, still wouldn't charge my battery, than they sent me a new battery ( no charge to me)  I still got the charging fault message when I plugged in my camera so they replaced my camera.  It was great working with them. Good luck

UmarMuhammad
Star
Star
Try charging through original charger and cable.
rrarlo2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has your problem been rectified? I have the same issue. Same error message, using original charging cable only and the battery charge status is stuck at 7%.

The camera lens and LED lights appear to be working, as I get notifications when the cable is in, but I have no idea whether the battery is in fact charging or not.