Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changing password

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LarsHugo
Follower
Follower

When I change the password for my account (Arlo.netgear.com), I am still able to log in from browsers with the old password cached.. Is this the expected behavior?

1. Log into the arlo app, save user/password. close the browser without logging out.

2 From another computer login and change the arlo account password.

3 open arlo.netgear.com from the first computer.. Logs in automatically..

Lars H

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the NEW PW work??

Changing PWs is a bit tricky in that you must add the old pw and also the new and then save..it even took 2x for me to get it right... But the OLD PW did not longer work.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tme365
Aspirant
Aspirant

It would be great if the instructions from Arlo included the information that you need to enter your current password.  Their instruction tell you to click on "edit" which does not exist and they don't tell you to enter your existing password.  They really need to hire someone who can correctly write SOPs.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tme365,

It does look like this article is a bit outdated. Thanks for pointing it out. I will escalate this to the knowledge base team for editing.

Edit: It looks like this article is specific to the iOS app, the instructions are accurate when using iOS but the process changes slightly when using the web client/Android.

JamesC