Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Rowben
Tutor
Tutor

I have noticed that recently (last month) we cannot view the live feed when the cameras are recording due to a motion detection. For example we get notified at 3am of motion detection at the side of the house where the car is. When I click on the camera and try to see the live feed to check if there is something to be concerned about (like someone snooping around the car) I can never connect. Just get "connecting" with circle spinning in centre. Only way to get it to work is turn the camera off and on again and it connects quickly. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Rowben,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app to see if that helps? Is this happening on WiFi and/or cellular data?

Acs978
Initiate
Initiate
I too am having the same issue on a brand new Arlo Pro 2 system we just installed. 4 cameras will go live (mostly)and 2 just keep saying connecting. Im using an android, Uninstaller and re-instqlled the app and am not using wifi on my phone. Please help as this is extremely disappointing.
Rowben
Tutor
Tutor
I can confirm that now, just as quickly as it stopped working it has started working again.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Acs978,

What Android device are you using? Have you tried uninstalling the Arlo app, rebooting your phone device, and then reinstalling the app to see if that works?

Donny_G
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue. I'll get a notification that motion has been detected and currently have it set to record until motion is complete. During that time the camera is detecting motion. I'm unable to live-stream. Which defeats the purpose of having a security camera system when I HAVE to wait until motion is complete to react.

Once motion is complete I can see it in my library and view live-stream. 

Is this normal for Arlo's system and simply can't handle recording and live-streaming simultaneously? Or do I have an issue?

Hopefully is the latter one so we can get this fixed. 

I have the same issue for Android app or using the website. 

Thanks. 

Acs978
Initiate
Initiate
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+. Yes, I have Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked for updates on phone and app, tried logging in through online rather than app and re-booted my phone. I have purchased the Smart Subscription and since purchasing, most cameras are now working better, however still cannot watch live while recording. This may just be a coincidence and hoping that it is since one of the main selling features of these cameras was that there is no need for a paid subscription.
ss99
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue and am convinced that Arlo does not care about their customer satisfaction because I keep having numerous issues with the cameras and app, and absolutely nothing has been done to remediate the issues. This was an absolute waste of time and energy and I am so disappointed that I relied on positive reviews for these cameras because they have been constant disappointments. What a waste.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Donny_G, Acs9978, ss99,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

ss99
Guide
Guide
I’ve tried that more times than I can count. The problems continue, and are getting worse. I will be calling to cancel my services once I’ve found a replacement that offers reliability.
Donny_G
Initiate
Initiate
So I did speak to your support center and I received bad news. Apparently, Arlo's camera system can ONLY do one at a time. Per Arlo rep,
"However, the
camera only works one at a time.
So if the motion happened before
you live stream, then you have to
wait until it stops recording. But if
you livestream first, then the
camera won't detect motion until
the livestreaming stops. "

This is very disappointing news as it defeats why I and maybe most of us but these type of products. To be able to view live while the motion is in progress to be able to react in time. Not after they broke into your car, got some valuables and left all while still recording motion, unable to live stream.

Very disappointing and I'll be cancelling my subscription and getting a new system with different company.
***Arlo's engineers should revaluate this.***