Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot use utilities on camera (not showing active). Flash Player is bad. Any app for Huawei?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
troubles_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have called Customer service for HELP (3 cameras not working properly new arlo system with adobe impossible,update did not solve anything)

Lady could not solve problem and starting shouting forcing me to shut off conversation

I would like to write to the CEO in wherever office he or she is at to make a private written complaint

About :

1) Everything was working perfect with arlo netgear until arlo decided to go its own AND THEN EVERYTHING WENT WRONG

2) Invested in 3 new cameras, cannot use the utilities, they do not appear as active, although they were sync

3) 3 Cameras do not work because the new arlo system requires new Adobe flash player very bad for my computer and full of problems, even downloading adobe 3 cameras are useless

4) I am charged for 5 cameras for Arlo Smart but only 2 cameras are partially working

5) Cannot dowload an app for my OS Windows 7 computer nowhere on site there is an app for computer

and finally 6) can I please have a link of a working app for my Huawei  Android ? and my os windows ?perhaps a miracle will happen?

Thank you community for your feed back and thank you Arlo ceo for your responses and eventually a refund for the services I paid for and I cannot gett

Cordially

trouble_2019

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@troubles_2019 wrote:

5) Cannot download an app for my OS Windows 7 computer nowhere on site there is an app for computer

There is none (and never was a Windows or OSX app).  Instead you use your browser.

@troubles_2019 wrote:

3) 3 Cameras do not work because the new arlo system requires new Adobe flash player very bad for my computer and full of problems, even downloading adobe 3 cameras are useless

Neither Chrome nor Edge requires the flash player to be installed (the built-in version in those broswers works).  You do need to know the steps to enable flash for the site.  Though it's bit of a inconvenience, it is certainly possible to use the browser interface.

troubles_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Mr. Guru

Thank you for replying to 1 of my 6 concerns

Please let me clarify the situation :

I know that I have t o use my browser but ....

1) I use Firefox as browser - Firefox disconnected ADOBE FLASH a few years ago because of

problems and bugs

2) When I log in with my PC to check my arlo first thing on the screen a message from arlo that

I have to download Adobe otherwise I cannot review the status of the cameras

3) When I try to use the camera utilities I cannot it says wait 1 moment then the camera goes black

So perhaps since you are helping out you could clarify

Furthermore since you are more knowledgeable than me perhaps you could indicate where can I

get a new arlo app (NOT THE LEGACY IN GOOGLE) for my Huawei device

Sorry you could not give me answers to my other 1-2-3-4-6 poinrts

Again many thanks

troubles_2019

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@troubles_2019 wrote:

2) When I log in with my PC to check my arlo first thing on the screen a message from arlo that

I have to download Adobe otherwise I cannot review the status of the cameras

If you want to use FireFox, then you do have to have the plug-in installed on the PC.   But that is not enough.

When you get that error, take a look at the address bar.  There will be an icon immediately to the left of the padlock that looks a bit like a lego.  Click on that, and you will find an option to allow flash.

Then click on the "x" above the update message to dismiss the error message.

Flash should now work correctly.

@troubles_2019 wrote:

where can I

get a new arlo app (NOT THE LEGACY IN GOOGLE) for my Huawei device

I don't have a Huawei device, so I have advice to give on that.

troubles_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear All

Cannot make the cameras working

I am tired of trying to find an android app

There is only the legacy arlo app in the playstore

and that app does not work

Any others with android system with same problems

In any case the adobe message on the camera does not allow me to play it

There is a problem somewhere between the arlo new system and the computer

and phone that I cannot figure out

Perhaps someone can give a technical clue

Thank you

troubles_2019

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@troubles_2019 wrote:

In any case the adobe message on the camera does not allow me to play it

What browser are you using?

@troubles_2019 wrote:

I am tired of trying to find an android app

There is only the legacy arlo app in the playstore

The Arlo Technologies app has been in the play store for quite a while now.  Try opening https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlo.app in your phone browser.  You should be able to click on the app, and it should then open up the play store and let you install it.

@troubles_2019 wrote:

... and that app does not work

It should work until 30 September.  So if it isn't working, you should probably contact support - your problem likely isn't related to the old app.   https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx