Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot use edit mode for recordings. Response is please wait and then nothing

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Tommboy
Tutor
Tutor

Model VMB4000 S/N 4R03727LA51FA

When trying to use the edit mode the status bar just spins and "PLEASE WAIT" and no response. 

Arlo>Mode>Armed>Rules>Edit>

I did power down and reboot the hub but no improvement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tommboy
Tutor
Tutor

Good evening ShayneS.

This issue appears to be resolved. Thank you for the follow up. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Dannybear
Master
Master
More likely to be an app issue. What device are you using and version details.

Try deleting the app and reinstall to start with.
WaldoJr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  Changing the mode in the Arlo app on my Android phone works with a 15-30 second delay.  If you go to my.alro.com, you can not edit the mode no matter what browser you use; it just spins and says to wait.  My base station also locked up when I closed the browser and opened the app; it said getting status.  It stayed that way for 5 min, and I had to unplug the base station, let it sit then restart it.  I generally use Edge because I can watch the 4K videos in my browser, but I also tried it in Brave, Chome, and Opera, and all the browsers would not let me edit.  Some settings can only be changed in the app, and some settings can only be changed on myarlo.  It is extremely annoying.   I've had Arlo Cameras for a couple of years now, and there have ALWAYS been issues with the apps and webpage.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All is working fine here with both the web client and Android app. Is this still happening?

jd1698
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  It allows you to get to Edit Mode -> Edit Rule and then the Please Wait Popup remains constantly.    Hardware = VMB4500r2 - Firmware = 1.18.0.3_3904_d554faf

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Same here. It's also really astounding why CERTAIN users never have the problems brought to attention by several others...

slspanier
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue with Arlo 2 cameras
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I have 16 cameras and it's with all of them.

megtho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  All these issues (same for me, too - just hangs, with 'please wait' when I try to edit the mode, and I have to refresh the browser and log in again) seem to be happening right now.  I deleted the app, from my phone, because I was desperate for the space and I already had my cameras and base stations set up.  The app might be working correctly.  The browser version isn't.

I have a VMB4000r3 base, also.  'Edit Rule', on that older base, is hanging and forcing a refresh too.

So, Arlo, there is a problem with your browser app.  Please, look into it and fix it - pronto.  When several, unrelated, folk suddenly start having the same problem - it's a problem on your side!

Any users being told to uninstall stuff and start again - you might want to hang fire on that directive for a while.

Actually, I wonder if we need to see if our browsers need updating.  I use Google, mainly.

megtho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Google was up to date.  Not Google...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

slspanier
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be working now.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Working now here too. I can't believe all the troubleshooting and resets and browser maintenance I did and then it was as usual on the Arlo end. 

jd1698
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue is resolved now.  I just checked and I can now get into "Edit Rule" without the Please Wait popup.  Thanks,

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the updates, please let me know if it occurs again so I can escalate ASAP. 

Tommboy
Tutor
Tutor

Good evening ShayneS.

This issue appears to be resolved. Thank you for the follow up. 

megtho
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, that seemed to sort itself out yesterday.  Thank you Arlo team.  Any idea what went wrong?  I do like to know these things!  Did somebody need to tweak the latest update?

megtho
Aspirant
Aspirant

We do that!  We tend to panic and attack a problem (usually with resets and uninstalling) and make things much more difficult to put right.

Hopefully, you didn't create any extra problems while trying to fix this one!

What is so good about these forums is that, if we enter the right search criteria, we can instantly see how many other people are having the same problem and if it has emerged at about the same time.

I need to train myself to stop diving for the 'reset' so readily, too 🙂 .