Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your Log In using IE 11 “STILL” does “NOT” work. When we try to log in using IE 11, the PASSWORD “DISAPPEARS”. SO – We tried using Firefox. We are able to at least get logged in using Firefox, HOWEVER, when we try to use LIVE VIEW, we now get a message saying we need to install the latest version of FLASH. WE HAVE the latest version installed. Even when we use your link and install it again, LIVE VIEW says we Still Need The latest version. WHICH WE HAVE!!!  We can’t get in using IE 11. Prior to not being able to get in using IE 11, LIVE View Did not work on IE 11. NOW, We can’t even get logged in using IE 11, as our passwords DISAPEAR.. So we use Firefox, and it too is screwed up. LIVE VIEW WILL NOT WORK, EVEN THOUGH WE “HAVE” the latest version of Flash. This is true for all computers, on WiFi and Data cable, and operating with Windows 7 and/or 10.  These issues with ARLO are really getting frustrating!!!!

21 REPLIES 21
Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello - I have some updated information that others and myself have discovered in doing some research ourselves. First, as to your request regarding Chrome. I do not use Chrome or Firefox. I use IE 11 on my Windows 7 computers, and IE 11 on my Windows 10 computers. The issue of the disappearing password when we attempt to log in, occurs on computers (not smart phones), and occurs on W7 and W10 computers. WiFi or Data connected. The password simply disappears when we attempt to log in to see our videos. HOWEVER, since you asked us to try, we did so, and we also tried Firefox.  We discovered something that occurred awhile back with ARLO. ARLO AND IE 11 do not work together AGAIN. The issue many of us are now facing, appears to occur when we use IE 11. If you recall, or look back into ARLO history, you will see previous issues with ARLO and IE 11. It seems to have occurred again.  Your sites, and even trying to add comments or start a new conversation with "community", or log in to see videos, all have issues when using IE 11. As to login in to see videos, when using IE 11, our password simply DISAPPEARS. No password will work, and all passwords entered DISAPPEAR if we are using IE 11. Issues exist on your other sites as well when using IE 11.  Not all of us have or even want Chrome or Firefox, and rely on IE 11. However, it turns out, the issue here again, is ARLO and IE 11 having conflicts.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kalie wrote:

However, it turns out, the issue here again, is ARLO and IE 11 having conflicts.

I believe I confirmed an issue with IE11 here some weeks ago (not being able to live stream). 

The practical workaround is to switch to a newer browser.

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is interesting you reported "...I believe I confirmed an issue with IE11 here some weeks ago (not being able to live stream...".  I have been back and forth TRYING to explain to ARLO that ARLO was having issues with LIVE STREEM  as well. All I would see is PLEASE WAIT".  They never to this day understand or accept the issue is at their end. Now we have the Log In Issue where at log in the password disappears. Again, we have been going over and over this, with ARLO not understanding the issue. Then others and myself, in investigation ourselves, stumble into the old former issue of ARLO and IE 11 NOT PLAYING WELL TOGETHER. And This issue effects other sites and log ins and posts as well. Not everyone uses or wants to use Chrome or Firefox. One would expect that ARLO would figure out that they have an issue, and need to correct this issues with IE 11. We can only hope someone from ARLO is READING THIS, and getting it back to their programmers.  These issues get old. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kalie wrote:

Not everyone uses or wants to use Chrome or Firefox. 

Understood.  Though Edge is also a possibility (Microsoft released a completely new implementation of Edge last month).

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed, if you are using a W10 computer. Many still have W7.  I think the frustrating this for all if not most of us, is that this is yet again, another conflict with IE and ARLO. And yet again, we have all spent countless hours explaining in detain the issues, and providing screenshots.... and yet ARLO does not seem to understand the issue being described to them. And again, it is a user/customer that finally discovers the root cause - not ARLO. Is anyone from ARLO reading this? Will this IE/ARLO conflict get corrected, as it effects other log in and issues too.  One frustrating issue is ARLO send you a do this and do that, and asks for a response. They include a Green Box to Submit your response. But the link associated with the Green Box Submit, goes no where, and you end up with yet another "Something Went Wrong" error message. You can't reply to a SUBMIT your response, if the Link Associated with the Green Submit Box does not work. ARLO, are you here and reading this ??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kalie wrote:

Agreed, if you are using a W10 computer. Many still have W7. 

Edge can be installed on W7.  Just select Windows 7 on the download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, but is ARLO reading. Over and Over ARLO tries to tell us there is nothing wrong or being reported at ARLO. They also insist it is OUR issue, not there's. But then we all find out it is an ARLO issue, and yet another issue with IE 11.. >>> Yes we can change browsers. Not everyone wants to, and that does not relieve ARLO from having the issue at their end. And fixing same.  >>>  I think the frustrating this for all if not most of us, is that this is yet again, another conflict with IE and ARLO. And yet again, we have all spent countless hours explaining in detain the issues, and providing screenshots.... and yet ARLO does not seem to understand the issue being described to them. And again, it is a user/customer that finally discovers the root cause - not ARLO. Is anyone from ARLO reading this? Will this IE/ARLO conflict get corrected, as it effects other log in and issues too.  One frustrating issue is ARLO send you a do this and do that, and asks for a response. They include a Green Box to Submit your response. But the link associated with the Green Box Submit, goes no where, and you end up with yet another "Something Went Wrong" error message. You can't reply to a SUBMIT your response, if the Link Associated with the Green Submit Box does not work. ARLO, are you here and reading this ??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kalie wrote:

HOWEVER, when we try to use LIVE VIEW, we now get a message saying we need to install the latest version of FLASH. 

With FireFox, you do need to enable Flash after you log into my.arlo.com.

After you log in, you will see a lego-shaped icon next to the padlock in the address bar.  Click on that icon, and you will see an option to allow Flash.  After you do that, you'll find that Live View works correctly.

This isn't a persistent setting - you will need to re-apply it when you log in.

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is new. A week or so ago that was not required.

Question still remains, when is ARLO going to correct the issue with logging in using IE 11 and the conflict that removes and deletes our pass word when logging in using IE 11? That issue still remains.

jukngene
Tutor
Tutor

I just started having this same issue on Chrome, so I tried Edge, with the same result. I enter my password and upon entering, it disappears. Repeat. Repeat. with the same results. Very frustrating. I can log in without any issues on the Apple app.

jukngene
Tutor
Tutor

This is strange. Now, the login is working corectly on both Edge and Chrome. 🙄

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kalie wrote:

That is new. A week or so ago that was not required.

What is new?  If you mean enabling Flash in FireFox, then it is not new at all - it's been needed for many months now.

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes to your comment below "...I just started having this same issue on Chrome, so I tried Edge, with the same result. I enter my password and upon entering, it disappears. Repeat. Repeat. with the same results..."  It is frustrating. How Many Browsers must we install and use? There is something seriously wrong with ARLO, and it moves from Browser to browser. They STILL HAVE NOT corrected the issue with their conflict with IE 11. And it is the same issue you described and experienced. "...I enter my password and upon entering, it disappears. Repeat. Repeat. with the same results..."  We don't see ARLO doing anything to fix this issue that moves from Browser to Browser.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kalie wrote:

Yes to your comment below "...I just started having this same issue on Chrome, so I tried Edge, with the same result. I enter my password and upon entering, it disappears. Repeat. Repeat. with the same results..."  It is frustrating. 

It wasn't clear to me exactly which issue you meant (Flash or logging in generally).

If you are still seeing this problem: I'm not seeing any issue logging in with Chrome, Firefox or Edge, so perhaps try clearing your browser cache (or as a test open an incognito window and logging in).

It isn't logging in for me with IE, and clearing the browser cache doesn't help.  Neither does the inPrivate mode.

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

LOGGING IN TO VIEW VIDEO RECORDINGS. Yes, the issue with IE 11 and ARLO Started With The Live View Issue. But then (AND NOW) as you found out, we can NOT LOG IN to View Videos now, because as you found out, our PASSWORDS disappear and are deleted. And as you noticed, that issued moved from browser to browser. Typical ARLO, it is always at the customer's end, UNTIL they FINALLY come to the realization that the ISSUE IS AT ARLO's end. The issue REMAINS - We Can NOT LOG IN to view videos using IE 11. The passwords simply disappear and are removed. You can retry, but the same results occur, the PASSWORD disappears. ARLO is NOT working properly with IE 11. And NOT all of us want to install and use all the other browsers out there as a WORK AROUND for ARLO's issues. ARLO needs to step up and fix this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kalie wrote:

But then (AND NOW) as you found out, we can NOT LOG IN to View Videos now, because as you found out, our PASSWORDS disappear and are deleted. And as you noticed, that issued moved from browser to browser. 

To be clear, I've only seen that issue with IE - not with Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.  That's not an issue for me personally, as I only use IE when I must.

As you hopefully realize, I don't work for Arlo.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports on not being able to log in to IE.  We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Kalie @jukngene

Are you still experiencing this issue with not being able to login on the IE browser?

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears we were able to successfully log in using IE 11. The password remained. However, the original issue with IE 11 remains. Live View hangs at "PLEASE WAIT. But, we are at least able to log in and view videos.  See attached screen shot

jukngene
Tutor
Tutor

I do not use Internet Explorer, but am able to successfully login with both Edge and Chrome.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

The issue with not being able to login with an Internet Explorer browser has been resolved. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support