Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot find where to add or remove or edit motion activity zones on website

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
submike21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot find where to add or remove or even edit motion activty zones using the website version of the app. Is it not included there or what am I missing?

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey submike21,

You can create an activity zone by going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo camera > Video Settings.

submike21
Aspirant
Aspirant
That information is not correct for the Arlo accessed via the website. How do you create and manage the zones by using only "my.arlo.com"
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The directions are correct - just tried it. Once there, use the Create New Zone button.

submike21
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am unsure as that option is not there
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you up to date on all firmware and software? Your snapshot shows Pan and Zoom while mine shows Adjust Image and Activity Zones. See my attached image. What camera model are you using? This is from a Pro camera.

submike21
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have checked firmware states up-to-date from the box I just read VMS4230 is the model from what I can tell the camera is a vmc4030.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to be sure, note your firmware versions and check the Release Notes section here to compare what you have vs. what's there. I expect they'd be the same by ya never know.

About all I can think of is that it's a browser cache issue. Try clearing the browser cache as well as trying a different browser. Maybe even on a different computer.

submike21
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is a brand new install never used before. Never been to the website before this. It's about 7 days old not to happy with the video quality of the pro can and the features of the Arlo. I have some decisions to make.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may save time and effort to reset the system and start fresh. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot. Use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim the base normally. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted. 

Something is confused and this should clear it out.