Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot connect sixth camera to Arlo Pro - Premier Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BennyBrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

New Arlo Pro system which we love - five camera set up. All working fine, both on base account and shared with two other email addresses for mobile devices. Cameras and base did updates when first started, and OS is Windows and Android. All as I say working 100%.

I've upgraded from the start to a Premier subscription - in theory upgrading allowance from five to ten cameras (and 30 days on the server etc.).

But I cannot get a sixth camera to sync. Usual procedure, base unit into sync, then the camera. Long duration (about three minutes) slow blue flashing light searching, then rapid orange showing sync failure. Tried two cameras from different sources (stupidly sent the first one back as I thought the camera was faulty - nowt I've tried another with same result I realise it's the set up here, base unit, account or something else locally.).

Tried several times, reset the camera by removing the battery and leaving for some time, had it three feet away, had it one inch from the base unit. As I say the first five were a synch to sync. 

No other issues, works well...

Ideas please? 

David. 

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First make sure in your Settings , the account is upgraded by checking Subscription

Then the most common fault is HOLDING the base sync button.

So reset camera ( open battery door , pull  pack , replace )

power button reboot the base , let i come back online ( about 2-3 mins for all cams )

Quick push on base sync button, the a sec or so later push the camera button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BennyBrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks Tom, 

Had done both of those - sub is showing in my account as 'Premier Annual'. And as I say, I've successfully synced five cameras before - this is the sixth, and just touched the base sync button as before to get the sync light flashing. 

Other things I've tried: disconnecting the USB drive, moving it to a separate room from WiFi router etc (though this wasn't a problem in the first five). Fully charged the battery (even though it said it was charged and it was straight from the box).  

No joy! Frustrating!

Best wishes, David. 

BennyBrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Driving me mad.

So with five cameras connected, trying to add the new one as a sixth, I thought 'Maybe if I turn one off'. Did so. Tired to sync the new camera. No joy - orange flashing light again.

Next stage, actually release (desync/disconnect) the fifth camera - so only four are registered. Still no joy adding the new camera - now as a fifth.

But when I reconnected the oriignal fifth - synced in a flash. 

So I suspect I've got (another) duff camera...thoughts? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BennyBrit,

Consider rebooting the base station (using the on-off button or unplug power/plug back in). Allow the base to come back online and try the sync process again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

BennyBrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, 

Many thanks, good plan, well presented. Had already done on-off, but just now as you prompted, disconnected the power (after it was off) for ten minutes. Reconnected, powered up, allowed the system to come back to life, tested all five existing cameras which are fine. Tried to sync the sixth...the laborious slow blouw light and fast flashing orange. 

Rats. Still an epic fail. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BennyBrit,

It sounds like this could potentially be a hardware problem. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

BennyBrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks James, 

I've already contacted the seller and am getting a refund - I'd come to the same conclusion and had run out of time to tackle this. But twice in a row - I have been unlucky!!

I'm going to leave it for a few weeks as I feel there's a batch with issues, then buy another 'sixth'.

Kind regards, David.