Cannot Delete Rules in a Custom Mode

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CanvasB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the Arlo pro system (8 cameras across 2 base stations) for many years. It has been essentially problem free for many years. No connection problems with cameras, no bases or cameras going offline, etc. 

Added 2 cameras yesterday. Synced fine with base stations. Then deleted cameras and associated with opposite base stations (per above, I have two base stations.) Resync to the opposite base stations successful. 

All cameras aimed and detect motion. 

All cameras show correct live view. 

The new cameras successfully record video to the cloud. 

I then added both these cameras as well as other existing cameras to custom modes I had created when I first got the system probably 9 years ago. Meaning I created rules in an existing custom mode which included the new cameras and an existing camera.

Rule creation was successful.

I have now decided that I do not want the additional rules added yesterday. 

When I edit the custom mode by tapping the pencil next to it, a list of multiple rules is displayed. When I click the pencil to edit one that I want to delete, there is a delete rule button at the bottom. I have deleted all of the triggered actions associated with the rule I'm trying to delete so the rule does not refer to any other cameras. When I click delete rule, confirm delete, and click save, the rule disappears from the list of rules. Sometimes. When I click save for the list of rules that make up the custom mode, it takes me back to the mode screen listing arm disarm geofencing my custom mode, etc. 

However, this rule deletion is not occurring, as when I answer the custom mode again, all rules just deleted have returned and their details are accessible. 

All of the above has been attempted in both disarmed mode and within my custom mode. Both behave exactly the same as described above. 

Logging into my online account is of no use. Clicking on view cameras throws me back out to the login screen. Logging in a second time and clicking view cameras again throws me out to the login screen. 

-----

Failure to delete rules in a custom mode seems to be a software bug.

I appreciate that Arlo still supports the software for the earlier customers, so I do not think it unreasonable to request a bug fix if that is indeed the problem.

Can Arlo please replicate and address the bug in the software so that rules actually delete with the delete button in a custom mode?.

To redo my custom modes is not to me an acceptable response. If you support the software, please support the software.

If I have overlooked something or there is a caveat of which I am not aware, please provide that information.

Rebuilding from scratch: I have never tried to delete a custom mode before, so I do not know if that function behaves properly as well, since it involves deleting rules associated with the modes. If it does not, will I have modes gone but rules floating around in the system associated with..?... That block duplication when I go to rebuild?

Thank you 

Regards,

Fred

7 REPLIES 7
CanvasB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does this have anything to do with the fact that these cameras are shared devices back and forth between the two users who have primary and secondary admin access?

I would think that the cameras visible to each user and any rules that involve them either as the triggering device or a reacting device would be stored on the base station and be dynamically updated when a user logs on so that they always see the current configuration.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@CanvasB 

Can you test again with the latest version of Android app 4.17

Wall-Enberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem.

Rules deleted in the app are back again although saving after deletion. 

Just get back to login screen after trying to view cameras in browser already logged in. 

Please fix this bug!

BR

CanvasButtercup
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne,

Thank you for your response.

I only now have seen it. i will try w v4.17 or whatever is the latest. 

Fred

CanvasButtercup
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still the same behavior on v 4.19_28720

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Swarloca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I cannot delete rules in a custom mode. It used to work fine. 

When I go away on vacation I add additional rules but now I cannot remove them when I return from vacation. It's super annoying and means I cannot use the cameras how I want them to work. 

I only have 1 base station and I'm the only user. I'm using the 5.0.1_28734 app version on Android. Above users reported this on v4.x, so it seems a major release has been done but this bug not addressed.