Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Uhly101
Guide
Guide

greetings Arlo Community,

I love my Arlo Pro cameras, they are awesome.  I have multiple video recordings one after another, I've watched them all and there is nothing that I can see in the frame that would trigger a recording.  Can the sun coming out from behind the clouds, producing a shadow, trigger a recording?  I know this sounds crazy, but don't know what else could be triggering these recording, which sometimes happen one minute after another.  I've reduced the sensitivity from 80% to 63%, and i've also noticed i don't have these minute by minute recordings in the evening, only during the day when it's sunny out, just wonderin', thanks for any insight, cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... false triggers can be caused by the sun... tho it really is the reflection of IR that triggers the PIR device.

Best setup does require a bit of trial and error to eliminate a lot of false trigger events.  Can be from angling down a bit more to moving the camera to another location that doesn't present as much of an issue. ( or even time of year with sun low )

As you know you can already adjust the sense level...some users run two MODES; one with a normal setting and one with a lower amount.

I do think tho most of the time that placement can make all the difference.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... false triggers can be caused by the sun... tho it really is the reflection of IR that triggers the PIR device.

Best setup does require a bit of trial and error to eliminate a lot of false trigger events.  Can be from angling down a bit more to moving the camera to another location that doesn't present as much of an issue. ( or even time of year with sun low )

As you know you can already adjust the sense level...some users run two MODES; one with a normal setting and one with a lower amount.

I do think tho most of the time that placement can make all the difference.

Morse is faster than texting!
Uhly101
Guide
Guide

Excellent!

Thanks for the quick response, I assumed as much, just wanted some confirmation.

Have a good one.