Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't edit video recording length. How?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mlsechrest
Follower
Follower

Hello, I just set up my arlo pro today. I am having a couple of issues. I don't see any way to edit video recording length, I don't even see anywhere that tells me what the recording length is set as currently. Also, I don't see any options to edit the base station. I want to make sure that the siren is turned off and won't activate due to motion. Any help would be great. I don't understand why the app doesn't walk you through at least a brief tutorial to show you how to do ANYTHING.

2 REPLIES 2
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

@mlsechrest wrote:

Hello, I just set up my arlo pro today. I am having a couple of issues. I don't see any way to edit video recording length, I don't even see anywhere that tells me what the recording length is set as currently. Also, I don't see any options to edit the base station. I want to make sure that the siren is turned off and won't activate due to motion. Any help would be great. I don't understand why the app doesn't walk you through at least a brief tutorial to show you how to do ANYTHING.

You can edit the record length in MODE > EDIT > "click" the arrow on the right of record video.  from there you can choose, Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec).  OR  up to 120 seconds.

You can also edit what action your siren takes from there as well

ruthannie
Initiate
Initiate

What none of the arlo documentation OR the website (or anyone answering the question) tell you is that when you click on Mode, you have to create a new RULE for each camera and set your video length there. Keep hitting the next button until you reach the video length dialogue and then until you have a button that says Done. Honestly, couldn’t they make it a little more clear? I mean I’m not exactly a numbskull or a novice where tech is concerned, but really, the lack of guidance is ridiculous!