Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't add spouse to account NO MATTER WHAT

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
danachit
Aspirant
Aspirant

So we ordered the 3 camera arlo pro Model  AVM4000C-100NAS fro costco and I signed up. We're having battery draining issues but aside from that, I keep trying to send spouse invite, using his email, and giving him access to base and 3 cameras. He clicks on the email link and no matter what he does, it won't let him sign up. He doesn't have any other netgear account. He puts in the email, then adds a password, and a flash comes up that says Arlo then it disappears. My invite still says pending.

Honestly between this, one camera not connecting, the batteries going from full to 91-94% in 24 hours, even at battery saving mode, we are not impressed. 😞 

10 REPLIES 10
brh
Master
Master

@danachit,

I am unsure of the exact steps you are taking, so I will ask a few questions.

1) Is he trying to accept the invitation on a smart phone or on the web?

2) If he is trying using a smart phone what make is it and what is the software version.

3) When he creates an Arlo Account and logs in using his email address, is he able to log in? (of course at this point the app will not show any cameras or base stations).

4) After creating an Arlo account, when he opens the invitation email, is he clicking on the long link that sends a token to Arlo?

5) Have you selected the cameras you wish to share with him?

Brian

danachit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, he is on an iphone 5s and is going into gmail via google chrome. He has also tried it on his ipad. 

Yes, I highlighted the base and all three cameras.

He has tried it clicking on the link and also copying the web link thing. Nothing works. He adds his email, then clicks create account. It asks for a password and email and that's when the arlo pop up flashes.

danachit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried doing it via my computer on safari. Clicked on the link inviting him to create his account. Puts in his email, then adds a password and a pop up flashed quickly ARLO PLEASE WAIT then it disappears as quick and nothing happens

brh
Master
Master

@danachit,

Have you tried clicking on the very long link in the email to send the token?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@danachit,

Try to have him go to this website and see if he can login using his email address and password to see if his account has been set up.

https://my.arlo.com/#/login

If so, then you shouldn't click on the link asking to create a new account link again. Have him simply click on the long link in the email to send the token to Arlo for his credentials.

Can he use a different browser? 

Brian

danachit
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I tried that, it just says user name or password is incorrect. We tried to hit the forgot password and it never did send a link to his email.
danachit
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have tried clicking the create new account link, the long link, we have tried acting as if he already has account, using Safari, Google Chrome, a iPhone, and iPad, and a computer, this is so much trouble at this point he wants to return the whole system nothing should be this difficult
brh
Master
Master

@danachit,

I agree with you that it shouldn't be this difficult. I have done this many times and it was a straightforward process that only took a couple of minutes. My suggestion at this point is:

1) Have him create a new email address in either hotmail or yahoo and a new password.

2) Create a new Arlo account using this email address.

3) Have him go to the My Arlo link above and see if he can log in using the new email. If so, log back out.

4) Change the credentials in your Grant Access section and send the invitation to the new email address.

5) When he receives the new invitation email go directly to the long token link, click on that and see what happens.

The iphone 5s is an older phone, but I don't think that is affecting anything. Let me know what happens this time.

Brian

danachit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved.

I created a yahoo email for him and redid everything.

All fine now. 

We'll never understand the issue though.

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

this is a known issues that Arlo have no way to fix it, the only option is to use a differnt email address.

I signed up to Netgear communitiy/website years back with my Hotmail address, recently I tried to setup one of my spare device for my parents to use with my Hotmail, it just won't not past the acconut creation screen, keep asking for a password which I type in, click okay and just flash a pop say play wait .

I end up creating a new email address and bingo it worked rigth way.