Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Slolearner
Star
Star

VMB4000r3               1.16.1.1_3348_facf74c

Windows 10 Home  Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.778)

Firefox                         75.0 (64-bit)

Internet Explorer      11.778.18362.0

Google Chrome        Version 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Select Mode
  • Select ">" on Armed Mode (Cursor changes from pointing arrow to hand with extended index finger)
  • Select "Edit" next to any of the four cameras (Cursor changes from pointing arrow to hand with extended index finger)
  • Can't select ">" next to enabled option "Motion is detected" (The cursor does not change from pointing arrow)
    • Can't enable or disable options: "Motion is detected", "Audio is detected"
    • Can't enable or disable options "Then do the following"
      • "Record Video", "Do Nothing"
13 REPLIES 13
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I just tried to change the sensitivity of one of 4 cameras in "Mode" and it will not let me click anything. Not even the Save button. I changed one camera, then went to the other one, which was set low because of high winds, and the screen is different for it and it doesn't fit on the page, nor can I click anything for this camera.  I am going to try to log off, then in again to see if that helps. bbiam

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Nope..didn't change. I can do anything I want to the other 3 cameras but not this one. The screen shows the title of the camera different, wont let me click on 'push notification', sensitivity, save, nor anything for just this one camera. Never been this way before.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I just posted this problem myself. Only one out of 5 camera's "mode" is affected (I think, as I'm afraid to try to mess with the other 3 in case I can't change them back)

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

We removed the problem camera, added it back on, re-synced, and now the 'MODE" page was functional and normal. So try that.

Slolearner
Star
Star

I have 4 cameras, I have several Modes with numerous different Rules.

Only the "Armed" Mode has the previously documented issues while in Edit.

The Edit Mode "Armed"  does not have the " Delete Mode" or "Save" buttons at the bottom of the page.

Also note: The Buttons "Save" and "Cancel" are not fully displayed at the bottom of the of any of the Camera "Edit" Rule pages nor are they select able.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Slolearner wrote:

The Edit Mode "Armed"  does not have the " Delete Mode" or "Save" buttons at the bottom of the page.

You can't delete Armed, but you should be able to edit/save changes to it.  Though in most cases you are better off creating a custom mode, and leaving Armed alone.

Slolearner
Star
Star

Agreed. You are correct that one cannot Delete the Mode "Armed" and one should be able to edit the Rules including deleting a Rule, changing actions of a camera, sensitivity, etc.

I have recorded the steps showing that this is No longer possible for this Mode @ https://1drv.ms/u/s!An00Nd7eAOKVheptHYQfroobUN1ONw?e=o0lyxL

Note: That during Rule Edit that the cursor is not changing from Pointing Arrow to Hand with extended index finger on the web page at locations that should allow selections.

I have also contacted support yesterday and they opened a case#.

jacenpm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anybody had any luck fixing this error. I can edit on my Android phone but not my PC.

Slolearner
Star
Star

I opened a support case  (Case Number: 41599266) in April and still haven't received any replies!

However, I did follow the suggestions in this post to remove all cameras and then add them back. Took less than 15 minutes and I CAN now edit rules within the Mode :Armed

jacenpm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Were you having an issue on all platforms? I can edit from my Android phone but not from my PC using any browser.

Slolearner
Star
Star

I only use the web portal via my WIN 10 laptop.

I do not use a mobile app for arlo access as Netgear never developed for Windows Phone:(

Yes, I'm one of the last holdouts still using a Microsoft Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020)

Sorry for delayed reply (thought I had already replied)

jacenpm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have opened a case and they have been responding so far. I will post the resolution if they follow through and resolve the issue.

Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

I Had the same issue.  I could not edit my modes in the web portal.  The page opens but the Save and cancel button at the bottom would never complete and non of the edit links would open.  I could edit using my IOS device.

I followed the suggestion above and created new modes and these seem to be okay.