Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jon1763
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently acquired the Arlo Pro (base station with siren) with 2 cameras, however, the system is practically unusable, as the app is rarely able to connect to the base station/live feed.

Oddly, the only time I am able to connect is when I uninstall the Arlo app, and then install it again; but I obviously don't want to have to do this every time I want to arm/disarm.

Does anyone know what is causing this/how I can fix it?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, could you tell us the Phone/ APp and the OS version running...  ?

Are we talking wifi or cell data?

do you know your data thruput speeds?

As a usu first step,

1) power button reboot the base

2) on the IOS and android, make sure your really not signing out but swipe or home button to put it in background

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jon1763
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

I am usually unable to connect to the base station through either wifi or cell.  It perhaps works 20% of the time.  For example, if I am able to arm the device when I leave the house in the morning, on my way back home, I am not able to disarm it (base station offline message), and have to stand outside reinstalling the app before I can.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S6, with Android 6.0.1

My phone data speed appears fine.  I can stream YouTube/Netflix without buffering and connect to other "Smart" home devices without a problem.

I will try resetting the base station and installing the cameras again.  I have already tried rebooting it.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd uninstall teh app, restart the phone and resinstall the app first before resetting the base.  WHat happens if you use a browser?

Jon1763
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried it through a browser and under "Mode" it forever hangs on "getting status".  However I receive the live feed from both my cameras.

I'll try the above steps when I am home and post an update.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jon1763,

Please let us know the results or if you're still experiencing the issue.

JamesC