Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can motion from a camera trigger a different mode?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
achapin82
Follower
Follower

Hello!  We have several of the Arlo Pro cameras with the Arlo Smart plan.  I'm trying to set it up so if our exterior cameras detect motion they will trigger our interior cameras and keep recording based on interior motion. Will the interior cameras keep recording as motion moves through the interior or only record once based upon the initial exterior motion detection and initial recording of the interior? If it will only record based on the initial trigger from the exterior cameras, is there a way to turn on a different mode altogether based on the initial trigger? In short, if my exterior cameras detect motion, I'd like my interior cameras to record and keep recording based on motion inside.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you can cross-trigger between cameras. Edit your modes and rules and use Add Device inside the rule to select a second camera and decide what to do with it. Note that it won't continue to record other than how you have the rule configured. You can still create another rule in that mode for the interior camera so it will record based on motion once the first recording is done.