Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I set up arlo pro system on different floors with 1 base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jon89
Follower
Follower
Hey, I'm considering buying arlo pro system for my office space which is in 4 floors. If I set up the base station on the 2nd floor, will it cover the 4 floors? I have wifi hotspots on each floor, not sure this helps to increase the signal.. I need help! Thanks
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jon89 wrote:
Hey, I'm considering buying arlo pro system for my office space which is in 4 floors. If I set up the base station on the 2nd floor, will it cover the 4 floors? I have wifi hotspots on each floor, not sure this helps to increase the signal.. I need help! Thanks

Hotspots will not expand the coverage area of Arlo PROs....  The only true way to to have more bases.

As to one base unit covering 4 floors in a office type space ...that's prob not going to happen.

The base hooks into your router/switch by an ethernet cable..The base then sets up it own wifi network for the Cameras ONLY...wifi usu does not travel well in businnesses due to the common use of steel beams insted of 2x4s

You may have to have a base on every floor and then coverage depends on how well wifi travels in the enviroment.

Now if you move to the indoor Q cameras which hook into your OWN WIFI system, then the hotspots would assist in giving good coverage providng the hotspot's coverage is good.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------