Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I set up 2 systems in one house

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Titanzoom
Tutor
Tutor
I bought two 3 camera Arlo Pro systems and would like to use them in one location. One for inside and one for outside. The idea is to use notifications from the armed outside system and only use the inside system to monitor indoor activities with no notifications
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Titanzoom wrote:
I bought two 3 camera Arlo Pro systems and would like to use them in one location. One for inside and one for outside. The idea is to use notifications from the armed outside system and only use the inside system to monitor indoor activities with no notifications

First, you can use two 3 cam systems in the house as you run 2 logins/pw OR upgrade to a higher level account as the BASIC level allows only 5 cams total...( no limit on any level as to # of bases )

Second, Each camera can be set to give alerts ( pushes or emails ) ...this is per camera so you really don't need two systems to do what you wanted.  Just turn off the alerts on the inside cams.

On the other side, there is an advantage of running two bases (IMO )...1) its the only real way to expand your coverage area, 2) they ( the two bases ) will act as different systems in that each will have to be armed/disarmed/scheduled on it's own ( tho all cams will appear in the same prgm/app if your level supports all the cames used )

Hope all this makes sense to you.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------