Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Can I live Stream cameras? Can 2 people Log in from different devices at the same time?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
johnbaker2017
Tutor
Tutor

Am I able to watch live streaming through the cameras? Or am I only able to watch recorded clips?

Also, can my wife and I be able log into the account at the same time to view the cameras from different tablets or smartphones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

johnbaker2017 wrote:
Am I able to watch live streaming through the cameras? Or am I only able to watch recorded clips?

Also, can my wife and I be able log into the account at the same time to view the cameras from different tablets or smartphones?

Yes, you can watch in LIVE VIEW by clicking on that big center green button...mind that when you do, you over-ride any motion detect you may have set ( tho you can also manually start a record session )

In order for two users to watch the same cameras ( or log in without bumping each other off ) the Primary user has to GRANT ACCESS to the secondary ( in SETTINGS )... pick cameras and give levels of admin functions to the guest

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

johnbaker2017 wrote:

Yes, you can watch in LIVE VIEW by clicking on that big center green button...mind that when you do, you over-ride any motion detect you may have set ( tho you can also manually start a record session )

In order for two users to watch the same cameras ( or log in without bumping each other off ) the Primary user has to GRANT ACCESS to the secondary ( in SETTINGS )... pick cameras and give levels of admin functions to the guest

johnbaker2017
Tutor
Tutor

Can primary user grant secondary user all access to all the cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. Guest access isn't exactly like the master account even with the additional privileges but close.

mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Absolutely. You can select which cameras secondary users have access to by going to Settings > Grant Access. Click on the secondary user and set the cameras you want them to have access to under the "Devices" section. This will allow live view and playback for the selected cameras. Select "Allow Access Rights" is you would like to grant the secondary user access to additional features like "mode selection, manual recording, sharing and deleting videos."

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

Friends who are granted access rights can do the following:

• Play and pause video footage
  • Record video footage
  • Mute the speaker
  • Enter full-screen view
  • View live footage
  • Zoom and drag video footage
  • Control brightness
  • Access and change modes
  • View motion detection statuses
  • Manually record
  • Take snapshots
  • Favorite, share, download, and delete video footage

Friends without access rights can do the following:

• Play and view library content
  • View live footage
  • Zoom and drag video footage
  • Control brightness
  • Enter full-screen view

For more information about granting privileges to other Arlo users, see the following knowledge base articles: